The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Trump abandons gas economy standards...continueing reliance on gasoline and raking in more money for the oil companies.
    As part of the auto bailout U.S. companies had agreed to up their average fuel economy standards to 54.5 miles gallon by 2025. Up from the current rate of 35.5 miles per gallon.
    Trump lowered it to 37.
    Also in a blow to state's rights, a big issue with the Tea Party when it's about guns, Trump eliminated California's right to set its own vehicle emission standards.

2. MeAgain

3. MeAgain

China announces an up to 25% tariff on $60 billion dollars worth of U.S. goods.
    ...and the war escalates.....

4. egger

egger Member

Trump Administration Wants the ACLU to Find the Missing Migrant Parents It Has Deported
    by Ramsey Touchberry
    8/3/18 at 9:57 AM

The Justice Department says the ACLU should be responsible for finding the hundreds of migrant parents it deported

excerpt:

"An administration official told Politico on August 2 that the new court filing “simply asks the court to require the ACLU to determine the wishes of and fulfill their obligations to their clients, as they have repeatedly represented in court that they would.”

The DOJ told U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw July 6 that it needed more time than the July 26 deadline to reunite the nearly 3,000 families it separated, because the government could not find the parents it had already deported. When the deadline arrived, the administration declared victory, claiming it had reunited all the “eligible” families it had separated. The DOJ’s status report showed the government only reunited around 1,800 of the more than 2,550 it was ordered to. Of those not reunited, 431 children were deemed “ineligible” for reunification because their parents had already been deported, according to the DOJ.

Following the missed deadline, the government was ordered by Sabraw to find the parents it had deported. With the DOJ’s new filing, it’s unclear who, how and when the hundreds of parents already deported will be found and reunited with their children. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has repeatedly stated that once someone is deported, it no longer keeps track of them."

MeAgain and stormountainman like this.
  5. egger

egger Member

It's another opportunity for Trump to label China as 'vicious' like he did the last time when it responded to his escalation of his tariff war.

It's not going as easy for Trump now compared with the ego battle he started with Palm Beach officials over the height of his flag pole at Mar-a-Lago to try to get one more thing that he wanted for himself. At that time in his private business life, he didn't have to rely on a voter base to keep him in power which is now being targeted by the Chinese and others in response to his initiating fights with them.

It's the same decades-old personal ego battle for which Trump has been known to instigate, but this time it's projected onto the international economy.

6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump has unwavering support in the Republican Party. In the past year and a half it has been falling apart in an interesting way. Some of the people in his own administration have had to quit, because they lied on their applications, or lied to the senate during confirmation hearings. Some have quit because they got caught in financial misdeeds. Trump's campaign dude in New Hampshire started to form an all White-Christian nation in the north east states and parts of Canada. The people of Jackman Maine ran him off. Trump's man and top Republican in Ohio was forced to quit after he got caught having sex with a man in his own office at the Ohio statehouse! In Oklahoma Trump's campaign manager got caught in a hotel room with an underage boy and got charged with a sex crime. I've heard he has pleaded guilty. Trump's national campaign manager is going through a criminal trial as I write this. In South Carolina the former Top Republican Executive Director and Trump supporter just got arrested for killing his mother's dog with a knife and claiming God told him to do it. All this makes me rethink Trump's own words, "I only hire the very best!"

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Flagme15 and Okiefreak like this.
  7. stormountainman

8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

He's employing a Reagan-esque tactic (without the enhanced arms race). China has engaged in unfair trade policies since before they realized you can't make a buck with communism. In my lifetime I have seen China make amazing strides, but always at a measured pace. But in the last 25 years it has become a financial cold war with many American companies, usually less than 100 employees each, being wiped out by cheap copies of whatever they were making before the patent gazettes were pilfered.

Obama was right when he said those jobs aren't coming back, but the products have rebounded and line the shelves of Wal-Mart, Best Buy and of course Amazon. I can't imagine trying to open a retail establishment these days (and yet, there's a canned popcorn store celebrating it's 10th year down the road, go figure). The government owns you like a slave once you go into business. It's no wonder there's a growing black market. I trade brandy for eggs, fruit and honey with nary a greenback in sight.

As hippies it seems like we'd get into that side of the act. Time to peel away from Uncle Sam and seek the freedom the founding fathers had in mind. I still have some tater planting years left. And I know a LOT about water.

9. stormountainman

A federal court judge has ordered the Trump Administration to restore all parts of DACA (Dream Act). That legal process has cost the taxpayers millions. Another Judge has ordered the Trump Administration to return all separated children to their parents. That has cost the taxpayers millions. Today the court ordered Trump to located all deported parents so that their children could be reunited. That has cost the taxpayers millions. The fight over Trump's Total Ban on Muslims entering America has cost the taxpayers millions. Lawsuits over environmental matters have started and will cost the taxpayers millions. Lawsuits over equal rights of minorities have started and will cost the taxpayers millions of dollars. Lawsuits over Trump's border wall have started and will cost taxpayers millions of dollars. Trump's policies on gay people in the military will cost millions of dollars to defend in court. Lawsuits over voting rights and Russian meddling at polling stations will cost taxpayers millions of dollars. Trump's Republican buddy Farrenhold (TX congressman) has refused to pay back taxpayers for payments to a harassed woman. Trump's million dollar trips to his own golfing resorts are also costing taxpayers a bundle. No wonder there is no money left over for school lunch programs!

Okiefreak and MeAgain like this.
  10. keylime

keylime Visitor

Right. The Republicans started the TSA and Rupert Murdoch's network never saw a GOP policy they didn't like. Yet, when I complain about an agency commercial air traffic got along without for over 70 years, I am the Fox lover. The so-called hipsters or hippies are getting upset because of calling into question Bush's boondoggle. There were many warnings that something bad would happen, if only those in charge could have been bothered to try, if the official story is true.

Gaddafi was in power for 42 years and suddenly he is violently removed after the Pan-African currency like Saddam had been in power for 24 years until he wanted to use the Euro instead of dollars for selling oil. No coincidence there. Even if it weren't true, no one, including the most rabid Hillary apologists (although she never does or did wrong) can deny she laughed about the death of Gaddafi. He made that country a lot wealthier for the people. He was not a saint, he was not perfect, but he did the best he could for his people. He at least held the country together, never allowing it to fall into the hands of backward extremists. Saddam, similarly was a moderate in his faith. There was no chance the fanatics these nervous nellies worry about would ever prosper in Iraq when he was ruling it. In fact, Saddam was considered a heretic by OBL because of his non-extremist policies. These Hillary people are happy to submit to body searches so they can fly to Dubuque without worrying about swarthy foreign devils. These security procedures were brought to you by the people who did not do their job and prevent such tragedies like regular airline security had done all those decades.

Vince Foster was a straw man attack against free thought, which hippies used to encourage. I don't know how that got in here, yet I am called the troll.

I guess there is no proof that people in Haiti got nothing out of the tons of money sent on their behalf, too. Not that these people matter to anyone. Just ignore their plight because that might interfere with the narrative.

Half a million dead Iraqi children as early as 1996 and Albright is okay with it, so these hipsters will be, too. Bob Dylan's hands were clean even if his clothes were dirty. If he were young now, he might have even campaigned for the Greens, but that won't ever happen because there are too many crazy people who will vote the duopoly.

Did it ever occur to Hillary fans that the Electoral College is the one who casts the votes for the candidates and it trumps your vote if you are only a regular peasant? That is what the Electoral College was made for - to protect the candidacy of the candidate that the elites want to win. It has always been that way. This was put into place in order to prevent the rabble from selecting the wrong person who might have views the 1% opposes. Women could not vote until 1920 and in the beginning only white males over the age of 21 who owned property were allowed the vote. As it is, Blacks are trying to hang on to their own right to vote. Instead of facing these facts, let's blame the Russians. Hillary might have won by three million votes. None of that matters because at the end of the proceedings, those who cast votes from the Electoral College determine who becomes the winner. You can't blame the Russians for it.

Aren't hipsters supposed to love peace, freedom (for all) and not exploit others? Maybe those values are just too September 10th. The Democrats of today are to the right of where Republicans stood in 1980. Maybe it is more about smoking marijuana.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2018
  11. stormountainman

Well, what do you know? The reports is now out. There was no widespread voter fraud, as Trump claimed. The whole thing just cost the taxpayers millions...over a total bullshit claim.

12. stormountainman

Dude, Hippies are the poorest and least powerful people in America. Hippies don't make public policy. Hippies don't support Rupert Mudrock. Hippies know nothing about Dylan's dirty clothes, and don't have enough to wash their own. Hippies had no power to do anything about Saddam or Gaddafi. I did know about the electoral college. I also have heard Alex Jones on the Texas radidio.

13. keylime

keylime Visitor

That's great, Stormy. It is good they don't support those things. They don't need to know about Dylan's dirty clothing but they need to know that they should not be supporting these things which they are doing. Go up the thread and you can see people complain because of what I said previously. I don't know why Alex Jones the comedian is being mentioned. I was called the troll by another poster for supporting freedom.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Damn, i'm doing a good job blocking current events out. I havent heard this one

Why does it always gotta be South Carolina

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Commercial air traffic got along fine for decades until terrorism came along. Then there was one hijacking after another. Either you go deep conspiracy and say it was all staged so that the government could make us stand in lines, or you acknowledge that there was a problem. Airport inspections was the solution. They worked. At first, they were conducted by private agencies. After 9-11, TSA took over. I for one don't mind the lines, and don't think of it as a boondoggle, although sometimes I think they go overboard. I was groped before my last flight

Ah yes, some things happen for the first time. Gaddafi was riding high until he wasn't. What happened? Gaddafi established a kleptocracy that led to increasing poverty and unemployment. Although he claimed to be a devout Muslim, he was too secular for the radical jihadists. Tensions built up and erupted in mass demonstrations which led to government repression which led to more demonstrations and civil war. Gaddafi blamed the whole thing on AlQaeda. Republicans blamed it on Hillary. No evidence.

As for Sadaam, he ruled as a Sunni in a majority Shiite country. He was, as you say, a moderate, a Baathist secularist, and a brutal strong man who tangled with the Iranian Revolution in the Iran-Iraq war, began building an arsenal of weapons, and invaded Kuwait over an oil dispute--a flagrant violation of international law. This brought in the United States, and led to his defeat in the Persian Gulf war. He wouldn't co-operate with weapons inspectors, and was regarded by the Neocons who ran U.S. foreign policy as trouble. The full details of our involvement in that stupid war may never be known, but it followed 9-11, which Dick Cheney (but not Bush) persistently blamed (all evidence to the contrary) on Iraqi involvement. No evidence that Hillary was involved either though. Once we were at war with Iraq, not to mention AlQaeda, it was not unreasonable to heighten air traffic surveillance, although I think there obviously was an element of hype to it to bolster the position of Bush and the Neocons. It played well on the polls.
    Vince Foster got in there because Republicans accused the Clintons of murdering him. Your dredging up of unsubstantiated allegations against Hillary brought him to mind. Nobody called you a troll, but if the shoe fits, wear it.

Bob Dylan? Haiti? I'm afraid you'll have to do a better job of connecting your dots. You need to provide more than a litany of disasters which are somehow connected in your own mind to Hillary. Madeline Albright and Hillary are has beens. Let's talk about Trump and Puerto Rico.

Yes it did occur to somebody (namely me) that the Electoral College serves to perpetuate elite control. I've complained about it often enough in my posts. 'Fraid that doesn't get the Russians off the hook. Trying to make that linkage is what we call in the U.S. a "red herring". In fact your whole post fits that description. Red herring: a kind of fallacy that is an irrelevant topic introduced in an argument to divert the attention of listeners or readers from the original issue.Red Herring - Examples and Definition of Red Herring Your basic strategy, supplemental to whataboutism, is to throw anythng negative you can think of about Hillary against the wall and hope something sticks. But you're stuck in the past. Whatabout Trump?

I think you may be confusing hippies and hipsters. I for one do love peace, freedom (for all) and not to exploit others, which is why I oppose the AltRight, Republicans and Trump. Your statement is a non sequitor.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  16. MeAgain

So anyway....let's not be distracted from the Trump scorecard.

Okiefreak likes this.
  17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I see discord in the administration. Could some of these people be sabotaging trump's agenda?

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Any loyal American and professional working in the Trump White House--even a creep like Jeff Sessions--will experience conflicts between legality, moral decency, professionalism and patriotism, on the one hand, and loyalty to the Donald on the other. They may remember what happened at Nuremberg when the Nazis tried to assert the defense "I vass only following orders." That may be what you detect.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Donald Trump has his head so far up Putin’s ass he’ll need to have surgery to have it removed
    [​IMG]

The same goes for the rest of his staff

Kellyanne Conway
    Jared Kushner
    Mike Pence
    Sarah Sanders
    Jeff Sessions
    Ivanka Trump
    John Kelly
    Etc..

stormountainman likes this.
  20. stormountainman

I'll get back with you after my morning meditation. Understanding the way Republicans think take serious concentration.