Nudity around a shared house

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by ricnat, Oct 24, 2009.

1. ricnat

ricnat Member

Hi,

I've always liked to go naked around the house, it started when I lived at home, I was the same as most people on here going naked whenever my family were out, nudity was not common place around our house, we were always covered up in front of each other.
    So when I got my own place it was great, I could go naked whenever I wanted..and you all know how great that is:)

But due to financial circumstances I have had to take in a lodger, I did not want to get someone I didn't know so it took a while to find someone, but eventually a friend of a friend moved in.

Obviously this meant my naked time was cut down, especially as my lodger is female. I didn't mention that I liked to go naked when I was alone as I thought she might think I was a bit strange, plus I was too embaressed to talk about being naked (i was a little bit self concious).
    So I just began to accept that I would have to be dressed a bit more than I was used to.

Then one day I came home and my housemate obviously hadnt heard me come in, I was in the hallway when I looked up and saw her walking naked accross the landing to the bathroom, she looked down and saw me and nearly jumped out of her skin with surprise, I apologised and looked in the opposite direction, after she recovered from the initial shock she just laughed and said its ok as she went into the bathroom.

A little later on we were chatting about the incident, I was apologising again but she just kept saying it was ok and it was no big deal, she was pretty comfortable with it, she said it was bound to happen at some point when we live together.
    As we talked it turned out she was not a total stranger to nudity herself, she said she used to go naked now and again when she lived alone, not all the time but just after a shower and times like that, and she also said that she'd been on a nudist beach with a friend a few years ago on holiday, they'd dared each other to do it, she's quite an open and confident person so it didn't phase her too much.
    I did feel confident enough to mention that when I was alone went naked sometimes, it was good to get it off my chest and actually tell someone.

We both agreed that even though we both have been naked around the house when alone, it would be feel a bit strange if we suddenly started doing it when we were both in, but if we happened to catch each other leaving the bathroom in a state of undress it would be no big deal.

That was over a year ago now, and since then things did relax a bit around the house, although we didnt start going naked the clothing did decrease a bit, I felt comfortable enough to be able to walk round in boxers the morning etc and she would feel ok if she was just wearing a towel after a shower, which she never did before our chat.
    On a couple of occasions we did catch each other naked briefly but a big deal wasnt made about it.

Then one day in summer (the week or two we actually had of summer!), I was supposed to be going on a work trip and was going to go straight from work, but the trip got cancelled at the last min, so I headed home, I got in and went it to the kitchen and there was my housemate making a drink...but totally naked! She had the radio on so hadnt heard me, and obviously wasnt expecting me to be home that night, it was a really hot day so she had come home after work and stripped off to try and cool down.
    She was taken by surprise and tried to cover herself but after a second she just said "Oh whats the point you've seen it all before!", I tried to hastily leave the room but she said there was no need and proceeded to just have a conversation with me totally naked, I said do you not feel a bit weird being naked, she said "Its to hot for me to care!", we laughed about it but she stayed naked for about the next hour, I said I wish I had her confidence and she said it was not difficult, she dared me to undress and spend half an hour naked, I'd never been naked in front of anyone I wasnt in a relationship with before (apart from the brief moments i'd been caught by her before)so it took me a little while to build up the bottle, but in the end I just thought what the hell and went for it!
    It did feel strange, not being naked at home, but being naked at home in front of someone else, the first few minutes felt very akward I was always automatically covering myself, but after that initial period I relaxed and after half an hour I almost (almost!) forgot I was naked.

I have to admit it felt great being naked inthe company of someone else, it was something I'd always imagined for years.
    We didnt spend the whole night naked but that day did change our way of living, during the mini heatwave we had there were a few times when we got home from work that me or her or both of us stripped off to cool down and spent a few hours au naturel and it didnt feel strange at all.

We're not always naked round the house now, its too cold most of the time! :( but if one of us happens to be, or feels like being naked then its no big deal.

Neither of us have told any of our friends about the way we live, and if friends are over we are always dressed, so this is the first time ive told anyone about this (hence the long essay!)

So renting a room out kind of changed my life, I thought I was going to lose my naked time but it turned out I got a totally different naked experience altogether! And I feel like ive developed as a person, I feel more confident and not so concious of my body....afterall we've all got one!

2. nottsnude

nottsnude Member

Inspiring message, we should all be more open about out nudity and other people are generally more accepting than we all think.

Thanks for posting.

3. curious78

curious78 Member

Great story.. glad it worked out for you.

4. ricnat

ricnat Member

Thanks guys, I always enjoy reading other people posts so I thought it about time I add my own.
    These boards make me realise im not so out of the ordinary after all! :)

5. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Me and my roommate are always naked, a lotta times our friends are over, too. *shrug* Nudity's never been a big deal with me. Hell, Angie's brought over some acquaintances of hers, people I had never met, and I'd just be putzing around naked, walk into the living room, "Oh hey guise. Name's Leina," very nonchalant. People are taken aback by it at first, but everybody that's ever been over has just shrugged it off.

6. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

Eh, if it's someone close, who doesn't mind to see a bit more of you on occasion, then it's ok. Nudity only gets to be a problem if it involves people who always connect being naked with wanting to fuck. Some people just don't get it that that is not always the case...but I tend to be a modest person. Not to mention I'm frightfully hideous without clothes...

7. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

my girlfriend walks around naked when we got friends over and i yell at her, but thats only because I'm jealous that i cannot.

8. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Indeed, it's an inspiring story which reflects the occasional quirks of human nature.

Death, why is that so? What's stopping you from joining your girlfriend?
    And what's with the yelling??

9. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

haha, not really yelling, but telling.

I cannot walk around nude with her friends over because ive had sex with most of them before.

10. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

so they all already know how you look in the nude, just one hurdle less to go clothless!

11. Nate_75

Nate_75 Member

That's very cool.

12. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Personally I can't see why people get taken aback when a naked human appears, in whatever circumstance, shape or fom. It's taking us as a civilisation an awful long time to shrug off entrenched Victorian-era attitudes.

13. nakedrhode

nakedrhode Member

I cant see what the problem is it is your home and even if shared people need to understand and allow each to their own.We had lodgers for years and were told straight off that we would be nude in our home and garden and was up to them how they dressed etc.Within in weeks of moving in they were wandering around nude as well when they realised it honestly was not a problem with us and also became second nature for them .It actually got so comfortable that alot of intimate touching went on infront of each other with out a thought as well as full blown sex once in a while ,it was great and a comfortable happy house hold .They now live on their own still in touch and still live as naked as we do so good on them.

14. scottwilliamsonoc

scottwilliamsonoc Member

WHen I was in college, my two friends and I rented a house for two years. Since we played baseball for four years in high school, being naked in front of each other was second nature. Nobody cared.

Then we starting bringing girlfriends and dates over, which turned into spending the night. In the beginning, when a girl was in the house, all the guys would wear clothes out of respect.. even in the jacuzzi in the backyard. Over time, it got more and more laxed in the house. About six months in, it got to the point where both guys and girls were naked on and off. There has been times where all three guys and their girlfriends/dates were naked all night in the jacuzzi.