Leisurely Scribbles II

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by fitzgarabaldi, May 11, 2019.

1. fitzgarabaldi

fitzgarabaldi jolly swagman

Hi all random thinkers - this is not a new concept - I was involved in a similar topic elsewhere and it produced imo a whole variety of new ideas, thoughts and entertainment. We had a few 'no nos' like no heavy politics or religion or preaching! You get the idea. Sure mention the pollies and priests if ya like but keep it light.

In my former experiences we had poetry; literature ; music ; life experiences etc etc - we were just a bunch of guys/gals who enjoyed sharing our thoughts and humor and love. There should be a few coming along soon! We have the tyranny of time warps with us - so I am down in OZ, others will be in UK and the rest of the world. But it seemed to work fine - we all managed to catch up with each other eventually!

so I'll kick off with life in OZ. We are in fact in election mode which is for me always amusing and exciting. We also have a compulsory voting law in the country and we are fined if we don't vote! Fine by me we get a near 100% turn out which does occur in several of the European countries too!

But with OZ humor and candid views the out pourings of the pollies is entertaining and we egg them on!

We vote on the 18th of May next sat and the schools are all available for the event with barbecues outside for the hungry before entering and the obligatory handing out of leaflets for all parties that help us to weave our way through the maze of voting as if you want you can vote for dozens of candidates!

The sun is usually shining so it is a joyful time and we meet up with family; old friends and neighbors along the way!

After that you can watch the endless hrs of tv program that follow vote counting around the country or just wait for the joyful outcome for some.

Hope I kept that light - ciao ciao guys - do join in with whatever you wish!

Sandra Miller, DrRainbow and Irminsul like this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sounds like you actually have fun. makes me wonder if maybe elections would be less scarry in the u.s. if we did have compulsory voting, although the idea just seems bizaar.
    personally i still think i'd feel better and safer, which i know must seem odd too, if we had a media that supported an unlimited number of parties system,
    and perhaps an electoral process if such a thing were possible, where it didn't require the existence of any partisan politics to have reliably free and fair elections.

for me, lightness has always been when i didn't have to thing about anything to do with humans. trains are ok and houses and i know humans make those,
    but forests and gardens and creatures that don't depend on us. a parallel better world where no one hates lovic, just accidentally created that word but i like it.

lovic, that would be love logic, logic love. sometimes a slip of the keybord can be a positive thing. i was going to say, where no one hates logic or imagination.

floating away as a formless transparent blob of energy, to a hidden land where no one conflates goodness with inspiring fear.
    where belief is that friendly invisible things walk beside us in the forest, or wherever else we are.

but we're not dependent on things that don't interest us either. and for each of us of course, those are not always or perhaps even often, the same things.

3. Robert Junior

Robert Junior Visitor

Well thanks FitzgarIibadlii for the invite .I have a fairly full calendar but will abandon it willingly for some good company, original writing, random thinking and entertaining stream of consciousness outpourings.

talking of red, iits a little known fact that it takes 70000 cochineal bugs female, to produce a pound of red pigmernt

DRat my spellchecfker

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Aww, at last, we can get the scribblers back.
    I am still in the process of luring the others here.
    Luring???? Is that the correct term? Mmm

I miss the gang of scribblers, we often had such fun
    I was the only female, then another came along
    So now we start another, so others can join this one
    I hope to get our Spitty, he always has a song

5. fitzgarabaldi

you can call me fitz or spitz or garry - I don't mind but lovely to see you again old chap - you must tell us an uncle vinnie story soon and a good Shakespearean scene or two - bravo Roobert bravo!! - I kiss you like the frenchman on two cheeks!!

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

There ought to be compulsory voting in my country (United States of America). Congratulations! Voting time is exciting time. Here it feels like the stakes are a little too high with parties experiencing significant polarity to conservative and liberal as it were. But anyway, good luck with that! :) I hope you get someone everybody can like!

7. Candy Gal

I never got a kiss. lol
    Young Robert here, I nearly fainted.

8. fitzgarabaldi

ah ma femme so beautiful my dear - I kiss you too on both cheeks - then zee bottam ; then the boob boos and then zee feet - jat adore !! - Oh my god and in pubic too - sorry public - omg wot am I not doin right?

I once used to clutch ze ladies by de - how do yu say ? - de arms - before I kiss them - but then they complain I bruise de arm so much.

what is the protocol internationale deez days ? - shake de hand wiv no gloves on ? - kiss or no kiss; hug or no hug; omg I am totally confused boozer do cum and advise us please - I thank you I thank you mon ami!! - huh french how they say it - it is so easy and charmin!!!! salute!!!

9. Candy Gal

Are you on the bourbon mon Fritz??? lol
    A smackeroo does me. xxx

10. fitzgarabaldi

smacka ya roo - we do not smack de roos out here cos they sit on their tails and smack you back - or rip ya entrails out if they wish!! now a smackaroonee or smackaroony is a different matter?

now please everyone this is a site of 'story telling' so all your stories are welcome within the bounds of the site rules of course - any story you care to divulge - so roll up roll up - I know that CG is full of them - spill the beans CG!

11. fitzgarabaldi

Adventures of a gweilo in the southern hinterland of China!! Big gong sounds!!!

I once lived here; somewhere north of the glitzy bar world of the ‘sharp sandspit’ [ Tsim Sha Tsui] in Gau Lung – the land of the nine dragons – commonly known as Kowloon.

I lived on top of a severed hill - severed either to prevent plane crashes or alternatively to build a hospital with full staff quarters. I had a large mansion flat of 3000 square feet and a balcony view to die for!

[​IMG]

Once every working month I would drive further north for 6kms along a deserted motorway, newly built and under-utilized to reach the district of Tuen Mun with a population of approx half a million people. The name in English translates to ‘town of garrisoned soldiers’ I would now be 32 kms from the glitzy bar world of Tsim Sha Tsui.

Here I would spend the day teaching, and having my lunch in a local hand built shed called a dai pai dong [big licence stall] typically recognized as an ‘open-air food stall’ although some are well covered to avoid typhoon weather conditions. I explored the area and mountains some months later but for now just traveled, worked and ate!

To travel another 21 kms north would take you to the village/town of Lok Ma Chau, which in my day and age would enable you to stand at a hillside telescope and view mainland China. These days it’s strangely more restricted and there are special arrangements for train and bus crossings into China. Life was much quieter and easier in them times!!

to be contd

12. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Young Robert here is good.
    Things are moving in the right direction Candy.
    About this new thread.
    I need to think about this, but posts up to now have been very interesting indeed.

But did you know this fact?:

[​IMG]

13. fitzgarabaldi

welcome to leisurely scribbles Boozer - ya very welcome - just keep ya cubes to yaself - we don't roll dice here!! we dice with death!!

14. Candy Gal

I will post a story soon.
    Just recovering from being upset earlier.

15. Annie12

Annie12 Members

What or who upset you Candy? Not good for you to be sad.

16. Candy Gal

I have a forum stalker.
    Follows me to every forum.
    Upsets my friends and ruins my happy threads.

17. Annie12

Annie12 Members

Tell him to do one or report the stalker pest

18. Candy Gal

I did report.
    Hopefully I am safe now.

19. Boozercruiser

Annie.
    What Candy says there is very true as I can vouch for it.
    That person has made her so unhappy on another forum to the extent she left it, and joined here.
    That person found out were she was, and has now started posting in her Candy thread.
    I have also reported that person and post he made.
    Yes.
    Hopefully she is safe now.

20. Boozercruiser

You summed up the situation very well there Candy.
    Hopefully Admin are on the case now, so please do not worry.