Is Donald Trump More Valuable to Democrats IN Office?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Many Democrats want Donald Trump impeached. And I must say, I am a lifelong Democrat, and not really a fan of President Trump. So the idea does have some appeal. But is that being a little shortsighted?

Donald Trump may actually be the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic party. He is a lightening rod for criticisms. Frankly even Republicans don't like him. And he is making even some Republicans reconsider their vote.

Democrats shouldn't fear Donald Trump. They should embrace him! He is the best thing to come along for them since John F. Kennedy.

Am I wrong in my assumptions?

:) :) :)

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

You underestimate the political power of rednecks and peckerwoods.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i fail to see the positive. of course a democrat will be the next president; it reverses every 8 years. mother teresa could have been the republican president, and she would have gotten horrible ratings, mass criticism, and the democrats would have won after her obligatory two terms. it's the way our current political system is designed.

yes, i am aware that mother teresa is dead. and not american. it doesn't matter, all the president really does is photo ops anyway. and twitter now too.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Long term I think he is doing a lot to show the corruption of Washington. Because of this its just a matter of time before Bernie Sanders polices are discussed. But Trump is still a dangerous man I don't know that the Democrats can beat him in 2020.

scratcho likes this.
  5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I would like to see him impeached, but.. . . I think that if the Dems win control of congress, they can stymie trump like the republicans did to Obama, and trump's ego isn't going to like that. I think one of two things happens.
    1) trump gets so frustrated, he quits.
    or
    2) he decides to work with the dems, which pisses off his base, and may lose him the 2020 election.

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If impeachment becomes a reality, Trump might act like Trump, flip out and blow the shit out of something and declare Marshall Law. There's certainly a concerted effort by PRICKS like Hannity, Limbaugh, et al, by bleating that there is a coup going on against the government . They all share the phony playbook. Those motherfuckers will do and say anything in service of their masters/cohorts---they are as immoral as immoral can be.

snowtiggernd likes this.
  7. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

This person of whom you speak has no value to me

BeatinFeet69 and scratcho like this.
  8. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

It is acceptable to be a lesbian in the democrat party, or gay, or bi-sexual, or transsexual. But if you are a heterosexual man you get demonized, thrown under the bus and purged from the party. Franken and Conyers worked for decades for the liberal cause....they weren't perverts or rapists or pedophiles, and did many things for the female cause. They didn't deserve to have their lives ruined by feminists out to take over the democrat party. This will cost the democrat party the 2018 and 2020 elections.
    The DNC is bankrupt, because the wealthy Hollywood liberals have stopped donating to the democrat party, after Schulz and Hillary screwed Bernie out of the nomination, and trashed so many men's lives.
    The GOP will out spend the DNC 20 to 1 in those elections, because all those corporations and CEO's that just got that $1.5 trillion tax welfare, will contribute 15% of it to the cons that gave it to them.
    May there never be a female POTUS.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

He sure is showing the corruption in Washington...and he's at the center.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

What's been interesting over the last decade is the way the democrats are self-culling out all the "old white people". It started at the local level where any white democrat who had the audacity to run against a non-white democrat was handed their hat and ushered out the door by voters. The last presidential election was a slap in the face to the democrats who put Obama in the top seat. But then, he upset the "Clinton Machine" so the basic opinion was that it was Hillary's "turn" to "make history" (as opposed to letting history decide organically) in 2016.

Until you pointed it out, I hadn't considered how the feminist arm of the party was out for old white man blood. That kind of focus can have weird side effects. Like the mayoral election in Atlanta where the old white lady, a democrat, was defeated after the voters were made to believe she was actually a republican (nevermind her decades of service to the democratic party, she must have been a 1-woman sleeper cell). By the way, the Clintons HAD to shit on Bernie. He was splitting the vote and handing the election to Trump. By the time Bernie saw the light and took the cash and prizes, it was too late.

But as the white democrats are pushed from the party, after all, they ARE, "old white people", where will they go?

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

As an old white person...I have no idea what you're talking about.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

George and RJ are trying to enter white men into the oppression olympics

scratcho likes this.
  13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I think his impeachment would be a disaster.

You think his fan base is losing it's shit over Confederate statues being pulled down? Imagine how they'd react if he was purged from office.

Let's just weather the storm.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It would of course have to be done for a undeniably good and clear reason. Then I don't mind if certain people lose their shit because of it (easy for an european to say, i know..).
    If that's the main argument against righteous impeachment I say bring it on!

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What I don't get is that so many people admire the liar in chief. What's to admire? The lies roll off his tongue as naturally as water flows downhill. Every day. Does he think people can't check on his lies? He has his head so far up his own ass that it's almost laughable if it weren't so dangerous. Someone ---PLEASE tell me what this person has done, has said, is doing--that could possibly make anyone admire him. Anyone that lies doesn't deserve a minute of my time. The lowest and most descriptive of his low class ïdeals"was when he made fun of the guy with palsy. That's as low as one can go.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Plus...Mike Pence

:shudder:

pensfan13 and scratcho like this.
  17. GeorgeJetStoned

Shocking, I'm shocked I tell you.

18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

There is a similar push in the Republican party. Veteran lawmakers such as Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell and John McCain are no longer conservative enough for the angry masses it seems and are facing opposition from the 'neo-cons'. Both parties are headed off to the extreme and dragging the rest of the country along with them. The extreme left and the extreme right are equally frightening as far as I'm concerned.

19. GeorgeJetStoned

Naaa, I have just noticed how the sanitization has been going. All of the Dixiecrats were run out with no replacements in sight. As far as "oppression", the only people who have "oppressed" me are, "old white men" by and large. It's a class issue too.

20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

But I thought the oppression olympics was a crazy (alt) right wing conspiracy theory.....

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017