I Have Just Joined THE BREXIT PARTY!

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Boozercruiser, May 6, 2019.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Soul

LOL In the interests of calling a spade a spade you mean racism

The thing is that many of the people that voted to leave now realise they were lied to, they were promised a great and easy deal that would give them all of the benefits of been in the EU with no drawbacks of having there cake and eating it to. A deal not a no deal they were promised some type of deal. And they were promised it would not cause any disruption and no pain, “there will be no downside to Brexit only a considerable upside’

Lies were heaped on lies and many realise that now, even a poll cited here by a leaver said that if the question was asked again 55% would vote to remain to 38% wanting to leave.

And very few leaver politicians are now saying Brexit will not be painful (although on no evidence many seem to be hoping it will only be short term pain) although Jacob Rees-Mogg has admitted that the benefits of leaving the EU may not be felt for 50 years or more. And Farage is on record as saying the British people will be worse off if we leave the EU.

From the promise of cake to a feast of ashes in three years

It should also be noted that this was not a ‘binding referendum’ it was the lesser ‘consultative referendum’ and that because of the corruption on the leave side that took place it is likely the vote would have been nullified by the electoral commission if it had been an actual binding vote, instead all they could do was fine the leavers (and the leavers in question admitted their guilt in that corruption).

We could leave but is it a good idea to leave?

As I’ve said above the leaver promises have collapsed, all the leaver arguments for going have fallen apart and all the supposed reasons for leaving are disingenuous, misleading or just plain false.

I love my country but the leavers want to hurt it and for what….

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Ok the membership of the conservative party (some 100,000 the people) are voting for the leadership of the Conservative Party and in doing so voting who will be the Prime Minister of the UK (population some 60 million people)

A survey of their views was taken and it seems they would be happy to end the United Kingdom as such, cause economic catastrophe and even an end of their own party to bring about Brexit

Its turkey’s voting for Christmas

63 per cent of members would be prepared to see Brexit take place even if it meant Scotland leaving the UK.

61 per cent would rather Brexit took place even if it caused “significant damage” to the economy,

59 per cent would prioritise leaving the EU even if it meant Northern Ireland breaking away from the rest of the UK,

54 per cent would accept the Tory party “being destroyed” in order to secure Brexit.

[​IMG]

3. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I agree with all of the mauve findings there, except for the Corbyn one.
    That should have been a high score as well.

63 per cent of members would be prepared to see Brexit take place even if it meant Scotland leaving the UK.

61 per cent would rather Brexit took place even if it caused “significant damage” to the economy,

59 per cent would prioritise leaving the EU even if it meant Northern Ireland breaking away from the rest of the UK,

54 per cent would accept the Tory party “being destroyed” in order to secure Brexit.

As far as I am concerned, bring any of those scenarios on if need be.
    GREAT BRITAIN will survive and prosper in any event.

Apart from that.

I am saying nuthin' more! :tongueclosed:

No explanations.
    No answering questions as to why I say that.
    No pack drill.

Cheers.
    Take care.
    Have a nice day. :grinning:

Mayvern likes this.
  4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

In geographical terms, Great Britain usually refers to the largest island of the British Isles. Even if all the human beings disappeared tomorrow the land would still survive and its flora and fauna would probably prosper.

In political terms I’m not sure what someone would mean by ‘Great Britain’ surviving in a scenario where Scotland is no longer part of the Union.

In economic terms it’s already been explained that Brexit will be bad for the prosperity of the UK and a hard Brexit catastrophic for its people and businesses.

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze

– Because you have none

– Because you can’t

– Because you can’t take it

As I’ve said you don’t seem to care what pain you cause others your racism seems to blinds you to anything but your own grievances.

6. Boozercruiser

I saw this in a shop near were I live today.
    Got it spot on I say!

IMG_5703.jpg IMG_5704.jpg

Mayvern and pussyluver like this.
  7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Booze you are still peddling the same cap and still uncaring about the harm you want to cause this country

If a fucking zombie attack happened tomorrow the sun would still rise and the sheep would still be lambing but it still means zombies would be munching on the brains of the people of Colwyn Bay.

As pointed out Brexit is already having a detrimental economic impact on the UK economy and a hard Brexit would be devastating for UK farming, the sun will continue to rise each day on a UK economy in decline.

The lambs of Wales

Almost all Welsh meat exported from the UK goes to the EU.

Welsh farming unions’ leaders have asked the government to pay sheep farmers to prevent the mass slaughter of lambs if there is no Brexit deal… Nick von Westenholz, the director of EU and international trade at the NFU, said sheep farmers were particularly vulnerable because they rely heavily on exports to the EU that could be halted for months if the UK crashes out of the bloc.

And after that “If there is no deal it would be horrific for farmers, especially in the sheep sector. If we have tariffs of 40/50/60% we wouldn’t be able to compete”

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So the bike shop owner’s preferred option seems to be for a hard Brexit to WTO rules?

But no one who supports a hard Brexit seems to be able to explain how a fall down to WTO rules would be good for Britain while everyone else who’s looked at it thinks it would be terrible some say catastrophic.

Even many supporters of WTO say it would destroy the UK’s agricultural and industrial base, in the theory that in time (30 years) market forces would fill the gap (this was the same belief for what would happen after the coal mines were closed).

Many pin their hopes on the services industry but WTO rules don’t really cover services so there will not be much comfort there.

Anyway this would also put us in an incredibly weak position in any future trade deal discussions.

Others pin their hopes on Article 24 but….

A lot of Brexit supporters - including the Brexit Party - argue that the UK can use something called Article 24 (of GATT - the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) to ensure that the UK can still enjoy free or frictionless trade with the EU.

It would mean no tariffs or taxes would be imposed on goods crossing borders between the UK and its largest trading partner, the European Union.

The trouble with that argument is that you can only use Article 24 if two parties are willing to make an agreement - in this case, the UK and the EU. Neither can impose it on the other.

In other words, you have to agree a deal first and the Brexit Party, along with several would-be Conservative leaders, are prepared to leave without a deal

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The shop owner also seems to be saying the UK should refuse to pay the £39bn financial settlement, which covers past debts and future obligations to the EU.

How is that meant to make and future dealings with the EU easier?

You might say ‘fuck ‘em’ but we are talking here about the UK’s biggest customer in goods and services and although it would be bad for them to not have a trade deal it would be catastrophic for Britain.

And if we treat our ex-trading partner so shabbily what message does that send to other people we might want to trade with?

And it should be remembered we haven’t gotten to the hard bit - the trade deal (or rather trade deals) which are liable to go on for years.

And most analysts and trade negotiators I’ve heard seem to think that we are likely to get screwed over trade because we are going to be in the weaker position and that would be true even if we had a withdrawal deal – if we are stuck in WTO rules our position will be far, far worse.

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Luver

Can I ask you why you like Boozes post and can you address the many outstanding criticisms of the views expressed in it?

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

And we are back to Tory leaders lying to people in an effort to sell a unicorn

The two front runners to be the next leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party are playing to their base, a membership of around 100,000, of which it is said some 80% are in favour of a hard Brexit.

Oh they have claimed they will try and get a ‘better’ deal although they are very low on detail and have been told repeated that that can’t happen and especially in the timetable.

We have already pissed away two years trying to get a deal and the next deadline is only 3 months away BUT MPs only return to parliament on the 8th of October only 18 working days before the UK would be due to leave the EU.

I think Johnson and Hunt both know they can’t get another deal - which makes them liars - but what makes them dangerous is them seeming to want people to believe that crashing out of the EU will be simple and have little negative impact on the UK.

12. Boozercruiser

I love the below items, as they sure do cut across loada useless arrogant and pompous drivel written here by Remoaner!
    Spot on I say.
    Do you hear?
    Spot on! :grinning:

Please read and inwardly digest the below messages.
    One just might learn some simple truths! :grinning:

And one thing really should happen.
    Respect the vote.
    Respect the vote.
    Respect the vote.
    You hear?:smiley:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Mayvern likes this.
  13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

LOL I find it hard to respect lying

Thing is that many of the people that voted to leave also now realise they were lied to, they were promised a great and easy deal that would give them all of the benefits of been in the EU with no drawbacks of having there cake and eating it to. A deal not a no deal they were promised some type of deal. And they were promised it would not cause any disruption and no pain, “there will be no downside to Brexit only a considerable upside’

Lies were heaped on lies and many realise that now, even a poll cited here by a leaver said that if the question was asked again 55% would vote to remain to 38% wanting to leave.

And very few leaver politicians are now saying Brexit will not be painful (although on no evidence many seem to be hoping it will only be short term pain) although Jacob Rees-Mogg has admitted that the benefits of leaving the EU may not be felt for 50 years or more. And Farage is on record as saying the British people will be worse off if we leave the EU.

From the promise of cake to a feast of ashes in three years

It should also be noted that this was not a ‘binding referendum’ it was the lesser ‘consultative referendum’ and that because of the corruption on the leave side that took place it is likely the vote would have been nullified by the electoral commission if it had been an actual binding vote, instead all they could do was fine the leavers (and the leavers in question admitted their guilt in that corruption).

We could leave but is it a good idea to leave?

As I’ve said above the leaver promises have collapsed, all the leaver arguments for going have fallen apart and all the supposed reasons for leaving are disingenuous, misleading or just plain false.

I love my country but the people that still want to leave want to hurt it and for what….

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Something interesting to note –

Many leavers have complained about paying for EU membership for which we get all the advantages of free trade with the EU members and with the EU trade deals with none EU countries and a say in the regulations and policies set by the EU.

Cost 9 billion

Boris Johnson is proposing a tax cut that will most advantage the already wealthy which will make them happy but do nothing for the UK economy and take money away from public services.

Cost 9 billion.

I wonder if the leavers will complain about the tax cuts with the same strength of feeling they do with the membership fee?

Asmodean and Driftrue like this.
  15. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Ah BREXIT - The promise of a dream that when opportunity arose, many chose to follow it.
    But after waking up; not to fulfillment, but to a bit/no plan of substance, disagreements of how by those who drove the initiative, and a leadership that when are announced winner is bound to be challenged and force a General Election, that because of lack of popular alternative choice will see the chaos of the last three years pale into a shadow - still one thing is for certain any winners will be those with cash (with tax reliefs and sleeping time bonuses) - propped up by those whose lack of substantive support have to supplement their feeding by visits to food banks - and that's not just the un-employed.
    Seems to me that the Dream will turn out to be ….. a Nightmare!

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Wolf

The thing that gets me is the way the argument has shifted

During the campaign anything that even hinted that Brexit might be a bad idea was dubbed as Project Fear’

And now many if not a majority of the leavers are saying Brexit will be a nightmare they are just arguing about how bad and how long it will be.

But they say it doesn’t matter if it is really bad and last a 100 years it will be worth it because……

And that’s when it all falls to pieces because what the fuck do we get, what is this all for why exactly why are we shooting ourselves in the kneecap? (I think we are beyond just foot).

I don't know and no leaver seems able to tell me, or at least tell me anything that makes any sense

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Boris Johnson is going to be our next Prime Minister and he either doesn’t have a clue about the facts of Brexit or he is consciously lying.

Neither bodes well for the future of the UK.

In a speech Boris held up a kipper (smoked fish) and told a story about it that showed why the UK should leave the EU – problem was that the story was a complete lie.

Did he know it was a lie, which means he was trying to con people or he does he know so little about the most important subject in the UK today – Brexit – that he is basically a halfwit.

The Claim

EU regulations require kipper suppliers to keep their products cool with ice pillows when they are delivered.

The Fact

This is not true. EU regulation covers fresh fish, not smoked fish. The UK's Food Standard Agency says food manufacturers must transport food so it is fit to eat. This might require a "cool bag". BBC

It was a lie and if he had taken five minutes to Google it he would have discovered it was a lie (something that happens so often with leaver claims) I mean EVERY time some leaver claims that some EU regulations is ‘bad for Britain’ its discovered that the claim is wildly misleading or like in this case an out and out lie

BUT then you have to add that he said the fish smoker came from the Isle of Man but that island is not part of the EU or UK it’s a “self-governing British Crown Dependency” it complies with EU and UK rules when it exports to the EU and UK just as the UK would still have to if it left the EU.

Thing is I knew that (because I knew it is a British tax haven) but I’m an ordinary Joe not someone that is a Member of Parliament and who was once our Foreign fucking Secretary.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So Brexit has suspended not just austerity but neoliberalism as well, it seems its back to Keynes in a very big way under the false beard and glasses of ‘Boosterism’

Borrowing money to spend it on….well everything it seems, and we do seem to be talking big money here with sums from 60 billion to a 100 billion been batted around.

The right wing must be really worried about Brexit to dump all their ideology just like that - one day it’s the fiscal prudence of Scrooge when it comes to public spending and the next it’s a like a hen party trying to max out a credit card, spend, spend, spend.

But hold up I should say there are lots of promises of money in the future, the jam will come but not just yet and ‘only’ if things turn out fine…so have things changed?

I mean we know that things are not going to turn out fine so….

Do you remember the bus, the bus that seemed to promise so much for the NHS during the leave campaign only to be told afterwards that it wasn’t a promise, it wasn’t even an aspiration it was just a possible maybe depending on others things and well let’s move on and forget that…

What is that old saying – fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

19. Mayvern

Mayvern Members

Thank you Boozer. An excellent note. You have my vote. I am very glad that you took the time to explain it.
    There are SO MANY people that are unable to see where the4 EU is going.
    THE EU is an ever growing bureaucracy. If we continue with the EU they will take over the Royal Navy, Army and RAF. They now have 28 member states and in time the pound will be rolled into the Euro.
    So many people do not have the interest or intelligence to see these things.

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The reply to the poinyts made at the time

Well that could be your problem its simple to you because you really haven’t looked into it.

But you don’t seem to have a clue what that means

Can you please address the outstanding criticisms of that viewpoint? Thing is that we do make our own laws and govern ourselves and you seem unable to cite one case where this sn’t the case or of a law that you are against.

Why not

Again I’ve asked but you don’t seem able to explain what you mean by this or back it up in any way.

Which seems due to neoliberal policies such as ‘austerity’ than migration

Definitely due to neoliberal policies

What?

As for paying for EU membership well to repeat

I believe it cost somewhere close to 9 billion

But let’s put that in context - we spend:

145 billion on health

45 billion on defence

29 billion on transport

And 13 billion on overseas aid

We also contribute less (per head of population) than some other EU countries such as Germany.

For the 9 billion we get all the advantages of free trade with the EU members and with the EU trade deals with none EU countries along with a say in the regulations and policies set by the EU (unlike say Norway).

Some have put a figure of roughly £31bn-£92bn per year as the best estimate we have in terms of the additional value created to the UK economy through trade as a result of EU membership.

I don’t think you could explain further that is why you are making excuses to run away.

Please go back and look at your posts there is a lot of sound and fury but little or nothing of substance and when your views are questioned or criticised you run away.

Strange isn’t it that I’m happy to go into detail on any of this do the study make the connections look up the information but you are unwilling or unable to do any of that.

If you were going to buy a car and one person has the MOT, the log book and can answer all your questions about it and another seller has none of the paperwork and refuses to answer any of your questions about the car – which car would you most likely buy?