Hip Member shopping bag

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, several do have that dislike in the grocery store/while shopping and i think MeAgain was saying that with that in mind.
    With me it depends on mood and time, but don't really mind. I usually need to know something though if I start chatting with a stranger in a store.

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that if she ever took the time to see how long I have spent on this site, I would be guaranteed a divorce.

Although she opened the account, I think that she has forgotten all about it,

3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Lol Yea, but you’re a good guy.

I’m trying to get my husband to join. He reads some things and laughs.

wilsjane likes this.
  4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

:D

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You could even use HF to sext each other. :yum::yum::yum:

I wonder who would get banned first,????? :worried::worried::worried:

ZenKarma likes this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

lol Neither of us would get banned. Do you forget where you are? :relaxed:

ZenKarma and wilsjane like this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

there's a time and place for everything. unless you're an introvert, then fuck you.

tumbling.dice and ZenKarma like this.
  8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

My wife talks to everyone, especially in stores. Just the other day some stranger was looking at something in the grocery store....greeting cards..... and my wife started talking to her. The women was upset because she had to buy like ten cards and they were $5.00 apiece or something. She went down the next aisle and saw a different "brand" for $.99 cents and hurried back to tell the women, who was most appreciative.

We need more of that.

I enjoy bantering with the checkout people, and seeing them smile.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I banter with my grocery delivery person. I always get the same one because she likes me and told me she grabs my order as soon as it pops up before anyone else can. We're building a pretty solid customer/delivery person relationship.

ZenKarma likes this.
  10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

With self-checkout I can’t remember the last time I stood in the cashier line

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Indeed. I find that when I open up and talk to strangers, about 50% of the time they have a deer in the headlights look, but then they warm up and give off good energy that shows they appreciated me making small talk. I blame TV shows, smart phones, and internet addictions that are keeping people indoors and away from social scenes.

I used to be more reserved and socially anxious around new people and strangers in public. But my life coach has been very helpful in getting me to be more outspoken and extroverted to everyone in public places.

MeAgain likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Not really sure what this thread entails or is about..

But I'd like to throw some peach tea in the shopping bag thx :)

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It seems not so bad with people not wanting to chat with strangers in stores at all. I see it all the time. Is it unfortunate it is about 50/50? I think not. Different strokes for different folks

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Some people are just introverts and there's nothing wrong with that, it doesnt mean they hate people. Just means they have to expend energy to be social and like to conserve their social energy for only certain people

And by they I mean we

themnax, McFuddy and MeAgain like this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I have my introverted moments, but I feel gloomy if I overdo them by not getting out and talking to anyone new.

People who don’t want to be bothered often give off an energy that indicates what’s written in the shopping bag.

The other day I was at an Indian food buffet gathering grub, and there was a chick in the same line. She turned and said something to me, I looked over at her and she quickly said, “Sorry I thought you were my friend.” Normally I would’ve left it at that but instead I said, “That’s OK, we can still be friends.” We talked about Indian food, gave each other recommendations, and exchanged numbers.

McFuddy likes this.
  16. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

I like to shop...everyday at HipForums. I get the best bon mots. I find the most salacious details. Scurvy wretches get tossed in the trash faster than bad produce hits the bin at Aldi's.

What better shopping can be found?

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm not sure I agree with introvert/extrovert being such a factor in talking to people. I don't feel I am being "extroverted" when I talk to people. Neither do I feel like being introverted means you don't talk to people.

themnax likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And some canned peaches too.

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Millions of peaches, peaches for Irm

:)

McFuddy likes this.