Goodstock 2007

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by SteveInButte, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveInButte

SteveInButte Member

This thread has been renamed. It originally was a discussion about the 40th Anniversary of the Summer of love, which is being held in SF on Sept 2. There is another thread about this... -Skip

I've been hearing this rumor that a 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love is planned for the summer of 2007, centered somewhere in central Kansas, the center of the country, with regional celebrations in several other areas. Has anyone else heard this ?

2. InNeed

InNeed Member

anyone know where to buy in AZ?

3. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

WTF? how does it go from 'summer of love runion' to 'buying in Arizona'?!?! :rolleyes:

I think if there is going to be an aniversary, it will kick ass. :D

4. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

]

hahahahahahahahahaha. im so sick of these 1 post pigs.

5. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

In todays world, one would have to have conciderable funding to bring about something of that size. Not only is money an issue but finding a Hippie Friendly place is not an easy task. Then there are travel expences for the bands, and BATHROOMS that have to be addressed, not to mention parking, insurance,medical, food/drink, permits, advertising, lodging, well.. you get my drift.

Me and a few accociates are at this time are working on a Musical Peacefest that resonates with the 60s/70s Garage Bands that is to manifest in June 2007. We have been working to bring it together for Two years.

I must say: Things are not as they were in that era. Money is tight and fuel is over the limit. Most of the bands have everyday jobs to support their families and do not have the spare cash for travel expences ect. Every location cost big money unless it's on private land, and then you have a problem with BATHROOMS, water and food. I express bathrooms bc at Woodstock there were none and food and water was scarce.. well it was a bittersweet experience.

Goodstock 2007 Peacefest is a reunion in itself. With over 100 band from the 60s and 70s willing to play, Like Sky Saxton of the Seeds amongest other top preformers. As soon as the Location for Goodstock 2007 is secured we will run an advertising and promo campain with posters, raido and newpapers all over the country but not limited to the USA.

For any sponsers willing to help support Goodstock 2007 Peacefest they may contact me in Instant Message.

Brightest Blessings
    sh

6. SteveInButte

SteveInButte Member

Shameless Heifer (I like that name)

Why not try the center of the contiguous US which is near Lebanon, Smith Co., Kansas; Smith Co.is in northern Kansas on the Nebraska border. A central location would make it possible for more people to attend. This is a rural farming area, which you need. Feel it out, maybe you'ld find someone willing to rent the space as long as it was patrolled (make sure no one's causinfg problems) and cleaned up. No harm in looking into it.
    Steve

7. QuestionEvrything

QuestionEvrything Member

Goodstock 2007 Peacefest sounds amaznig. I would really love to know when this will start to happen.

8. shameless_heifer

hi steve.. we take it where we can find it. We have a location, we are just waiting for the leagel stuff to go through and then we plan to release the location, date and who will be performing.
    I was hoping to get Denver but the had nothing to accomodate us for camping and vendors and everything was their way, no drinking, no camping, no this, no that.. and we need this and that, for crying out loud.

If you know of a spot that is Hippie Friendly let me know, we are not against having a traveling Concert. We have three or four location we can travel to in a gypsy style.
    The first concert will be the last week of May or the first week of June 2007.

QE..I will post when and where.. when the time is right.. stay tuned for future postings on Goodstock 2007 Peacefest.

Brightest Blessings
    sh

9. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

i saw a dead head sticker on a cadillac
    a voice inside my head said don't look back
    you can never look back

10. stoney69

stoney69 Member

sounds great heifer ! i'll be there, representin middle east :D

have you guys come up with a website yet ? that might help in spreadin awareness and buildin up interest b4 the whole decision on the spot and promo campaigns. it'd also help for bringin in sponsorship interests from across all over. do you have a list yet, of the bands so far ..?

11. shameless_heifer

Yes Stoney, We do have a list but we have to wait to release them untill the contracts are signed. In case the band doesn't show for some reason and we advertised that they would be there we woudd be held lieble for false advertising so we must have these bands under contract before we proceed in releasing the Names. We are in that phase right now, getting papers signed, then the next step is advertising Goodstock 2007 Peacefest to the world.

I am asking for sponsers.. if anyone is interested they can contact me here or Larry McClurg or even Earthmother, and we do have a tenative website that Larry McClurg from the Mind Garage Band, who's Idea this was in the first place has addded to his website @ www.mindgarage.com ... scroll down and find the Goodstock icon, click and read..
    Brightest Blessings
    sh aka Starla Brite

12. SteveInButte

SteveInButte Member

Shameless,
    Why don't you pst a notice on the "Smoke Signals" section of the main page of Hipforums asking if anyone knows of a hippie friendly place where you can hold Goodstock. You can address all members of all forums there.
    Steve

13. shameless_heifer

I suppose I will Steve. Thank you very much sweetie for your input. I will be posting about Goodstock here and there as we progress. It's been a hard row to hoe finding a location to fit all our needs, but we can now move on to other facets of bringing Goodstock2007 into manifestation.

I believe that when the other places see how well Goodstock goes they will be more inclined to accept us in the future. Kansas would be more centralized but their laws are very strict and we want some slack in certian areas.

Right now we are working on a shoestring and the going has been like pushing a mule uphill. We are finely making some progress thanks to Earthmother and are very excited as the time gets closer.
    Brightest Blessing
    sh

14. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I'm 15, never saw the real summer of love, but trust me I rever that summer like none other (except maybe the summer '69 for woodstock's sake) I definitely dig a reunion :)

15. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Gate68, as usual, is right,

Don't look back-- someone might be gaining on you.

16. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

THUDLY!Rumers of you running off with Teepe.Now don't come back here agreeing with me.i won't believe it's you.
    Life is progressive not regressive.Woodstock was woodstock the one and only and goodstock will be goodstock the one and only.Make way for the new.i'm sure it will be good.

17. In Search of Syd

In Search of Syd Member

18. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

19. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

My fear is that this will happen:

Tickets will be like $300 each.
    The food and water will be overpriced.
    There will be riots and rape.

This is what happened at Woodstock '99. I don't know, maybe we have changed in the last seven years, but I'm not sure. I would like to go. But I fear that greed and violence will show.

Are there still plans to do a festivel in the US?

20. YEM36313

YEM36313 Member

I think that its all in the advertising...you want to advertise buy not too widely because then you get the college meat-head crowd, and they can get out of control. I'll tell you what though, i think its alcohol that really gets people angry and violent...other drugs are much easier on the mind...if you ask me.

Shameless heifer, i am sure that you have a lot of suggestions coming your way, but as far as location, what about coventry vermont?
    I was there for Phish's last concert, and the town was very accomidating, and there are not many police... i dont know if you were thinking more central in the country. But let me tell you, the people there are chill (they are all farmers) and the north east IS pretty liberal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.