And so the Iraq War ends

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by newo, Dec 15, 2011.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It's being covered on every network; not sure why you said that. Mostly what I hear is bullshit about what a good idea it was. I think it was the worst mistake in American history, but our pride prevents us from saying that.

3. newo

Where's the celebrations?

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh,we'll still be there. We built the biggest embassey in the world there. Anyone think there won't be black ops there to keep things under control?

5. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

The country still is unstable

6. _Bob_

_Bob_ Una Tana Bibi

Yea, and it's a hell of a lot more unstable since we invaded it.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But we gotz oils......

8. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know. It's like a super fortress that they call an embassy.

9. newo

We kept an embassey in Vietnam after we left, remember?

[​IMG]

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yup. To the tune of some 50,000 dead. Useless edeavers for us citizens-big bucks for the warmongers.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It doesn't make much of a difference, its political posturing more than anything.

Most of the troops won't be sent home, they'll be sent to Afghanistan and other regions. Troops will be left in Iraq to be peace-keeping troops, along with a large amount of mercenaries and private contractors.

12. newo

Oh well, for what it's worth (?) I'm glad it's officially over, finally. Now let's get out of Afghanistan.

To quote John Lennon, Happy Christmas! (War is Over)

13. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm unhappy.

Now the Israeli Air Force can perform a fly-over Iraq to do up Iran's nukes and Obama can say: Dunno,. we were not there in Iran to monitor/prevent it.

14. Mind_Explorer

Mind_Explorer Member

The United States is not the world police no point in being around there any longer. They need to be watched from a distance.

15. littlefaery

littlefaery Member

I watch the news every morning and the sad thing is, although I of course know the war is over I barely saw anything on the news about it. I saw more about local things than I did about an end to the war. I don't understand how that makes sense, but *shrug* I'm not in charge of those kinds of things.

And as far as what Mind Explorer said about the US not being the world police, it's so true, but those in power don't seem to agree with that concept. :/

16. newo

There are those who say, "Why shouldn't we be the world police when there are so many world criminals?" Those same people bitch about the US being deep in debt from funding these "police actions".

17. CrazedTao

CrazedTao Member

It's BS. The official american army is leaving. But they're being replaced with PMC's (mercenarys/proffesional soldiers.) The same ones who have been charged with arms and human trafficking.

18. indydude

indydude Senior Member

The US war machine is the New World Orders police. They will protect corporate interests any where in the world corporate imperialism is threatened. If you have a 401K you are contributing to this.

19. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

I thought I would be personally happy about this. I spent the better half of my teen years being politically active and marching for the end of he war and such. After a while I got disenfranchized with the whole thing and gave it a rest. I have since regained the energy to be a proactive citizen of the United States but I don't feel like this is a victory because I know deep down that it's just a facade. The United States will remain there probably long after I die.

20. wisp

wisp Member

But of course America only sent its troops in because they really cared about the Iraqi people , oil had absolutely nothing to do with it -no sir people first , oil second .

Oil, diamonds- for what else will peoples lives be sacrificied for to enrich the corporations and governments