Administration wants to define transgender out of existence

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by KathyL, Oct 22, 2018.

1. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you say this like we have any say in the matter.

3. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

No, I am reading this because one of my friends is transgendered. And yes we do have a say we can get off our ass and vote these sons of bitches out.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And yet I read articles stating that California will undergo children under the age of 12 to have surgery, tax free.

To me, thats a crime.

5. KathyL

That is not what the law says. (Bill Text - AB-2119 Foster care: gender affirming health care and mental health care.) No surgeon would do such a procedure anyway.

The standards for transgender health care are well-established (Standards of Care - WPATH World Professional Association for Transgender Health), and are followed by all reputable health care providers. They are also mandated by all insurers. Minors are allowed to have puberty blockers prescribed, but cannot have surgery until they are of legal age.

It is a moot point anyway, if the administration's plan to define us out of existence succeeds.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

NYT= (Start -> Run -> cmd.death to all white people. exe)

Basically yinz jump to conclusions: like with everything else.

7. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I wonder why the government feels the need to “define” this?

8. KathyL

Last time you all felt that you didn't have a say in the matter, you did something about it. Around 1776, if I recall.

Why, indeed?

scratcho likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

That's funny... I posted an article about this in The Donald Trump Score Card
    Anywho, I'd love to do something about it but as you can see we don't have much control over the course of things these days. Don't hesitate to visit though. If you want there are little maps that show how every state tends to vote. Maybe you could visit California or New York. :)

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Explain this to me, please.

What is the problem with having your gender at birth documented; and what are the Civil Rights that Transgender people think will be taken from them?

That article didn't seem definitive, to me.

Irminsul and Eric! like this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

alleged leaked documents,” CNN reported. Civil rights groups and LGBTQ advocacy organizations, meanwhile, have suggested that they will take the administration to court should it move forward with the change.

12. soulcompromise

Aerianne,

Their aim is to make gender totally binary (0's and 1's?) and to make it strictly biological. This would essentially rob those who are trans off their dignity because they don't identify with their biological sex; their gender is opposite the biology, or sometimes neutral. I have some stuff I could dig up, but I thought the article made the case pretty well myself.

I hope this helps and does not further muddy the waters.

13. soulcompromise

I think we should talk about sex vs. gender.:)

14. Aerianne

I'm not Trans so I'm sure that I don't feel it but it seems to me that there would be enough pride in who you have chosen to present to the world that it wouldn't matter that your id said what gender you were born as.

That's a fact. I was born as a helpless 8 lb. baby but I have grown into something totally different today, as we all have.

Transforming from what we were at birth is part of a life story. We all have those.

Irminsul, Eric! and soulcompromise like this.
  15. KathyL

The purpose of the proposed law is to ensure that changing one's gender is not legally permitted. I, as a trans woman, would be classified as a man and required to use men's restrooms, for example. Trans men would be required to use women's restrooms. We could be discriminated against in employment ("No tr*****s need apply") or in retail stores ("We don't serve tr*****s").

Yes, this matters a lot.

16. Aerianne

We (I'm and Advocate) just went through these battles!

17. KathyL

Indeed we should. Sex is the genitals. Gender is the brain. Both are biological. Mostly, they match, but sometimes they don't. Mostly, they are binary, but sometimes they aren't.

MeAgain likes this.
  18. deleted

deleted Visitor

19. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I identify as a bacon strip.

Orison and Sig like this.
  20. Aerianne

That's the same article that I was going to site.

'I'm Protecting Everybody,' President Trump Says After Reports His Administration Is Considering Stripping Transgender Protections

President Donald Trump briefly addressed the latest controversy as he left the White House for a political trip to Houston, but left unclear how his administration plans to proceed.

We have to wait and see; not jump the gun.

21. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

More big government bullshit perpetrated by those who claim to be conservatives, and supported by those who claim to support small government.

I don't care what you identify as or on which corner of the political spectrum you sit, do you really want the federal government to define who and what you are? If we let the government define our gender, next it could be our race, our religion, our citizenship status.

But, yeah, fellow conservatives...keep handing more and more power to the federal government while whining about commie libruls.

scratcho, snowtiggernd and Meliai like this.