Your Chicks are in the Mail !

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 575

http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_item_dobkp_buckeye-females.htm

Some might call it shameless advertising. Be that as it may, I was quite thrilled when the San Marino Post Office phoned me with the news that my newly hatched chicks had just come in and were ready for pick-up.

I started raising hens about two years ago; began with Auracana bantams. I've since worked my way up to the larger stock and have four silkies in my aviary. My local bird and feed store guy is a bit slow with my orders so I opted to take matters in my own hand (so to speak). The shipment is 25 birds which is a bit more than I would have wanted, but what the heck?

So now I have Buckeyes, Cuckoos, Auracanas, Golden Comets and a single Silkie. Hopefully they will all be hens. That's I paid for, but who knows what happens when they start developing!

Anyway, I'm adding the site of the Myer Hatchery. There are hundreds of hatcheries all over the place; I simply chose one that had Buckeyes as a featured breed.

Enjoy !
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice