Why Starbux sux... I M H O

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 475

I hate being treated like an idiot. The first time I was in need of coffee at work (they don't brew on the wards) I wound up going to the coffee shop in the cafeteria which happens to be a Starbucks. I quickly look through the list and choose the small Caff? macchiato.

First the woman tells me that they don't offer small. I look again and say, "I see three sizes and three prices. I assume that the lower price is the smaller quantity."

"Yes," she says, "but it's not called small."

"Too bad," I reply, "because that's what I call it in America. The smallest quantity is called small. Next size is medium. Biggest one is large. Call it what you like, but I say small and that's NOT going to change."

"Do you know what a Caff? macchiato is?"

Now she's REALLY pissing me off. "Yes," I say with note exasperation, "it's an Italian beverage. An espresso with a tiny dollop of hot, foamed milk on top."

"Don't get angry," she says in the hope of disarming me, "nobody ever orders it."

Oh, so I'm a nobody I'm thinking to myself.

She has to look up how to make it. I take it over to the milk area and add milk to it.

I've returned to this shop three times and each time I get the same drill. The last time I said I was going to Winchell's. I'm never given a third degree there when I asked for a small coffee with room for milk.

When I retire I think I'm going to open up a doughnut shop.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice