The Office Refrigerator

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 454

I brown bag lunch every day. I dread eating with others at the grazing table because everyone has a comment about the food, the presentation, the variety. It's always something stupid. If folks buy a ready-made salad, they get to eat in peace. But if I bring my own salad, greens, rice and fish it gets "Ooohs" and "Aaaahs."
I wash my fruit before I bag it and then wash it before I eat it. The tenant here was shocked. "You wash it twice? What's up with that?"
"You obviously haven't experienced the office refrigerator experience. Food gets shuffled around. Some folks poke their noses into your food (claiming that they THOUGHT it was theirs. Sometimes food even falls out of the bag and onto the floor. It gets picked up and put back."
"It does?"
"OF COURSE IT DOES. I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN."
I also never understand how a cocktail refrigerator is supposed to hold food for eight or nine employees. What do people put in there? A PBJ sandwich and a can of Dr Pepper?
The other thing I still am baffled by is the thermal lunchbags. Why do people buy these things and then shove them into the fridge? The whole purpose of them is that they keep the contents warm or cold from within. They don't need to be kept in a fridge. Yet, there they are... staring me in the face.
Well that's my rant for the moment.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice