The Arena Of Public Opinion

Published by zengizmo in the blog zengizmo's drunken rants. Views: 578

My blog audience seems to be dwindling...except for a few particular blogs. And I hafta say: I particularly like those blogs also. ;)

I said in my very first blog entry that this blog was mostly for myself...to learn better who I am. And that maybe some other folks would find some entertainment, at least...possibly some insight.

I have a distant relative...well, "had" a distant relative. He is long dead. His name was Thorstein Veblen. He was a controversial figure in socio-economic theory in the early 20th century.

He wrote a scholarly treatise entitled, "The Theory of the Leisure Class," which became a popular book among the reading public in the 1920s.

He coined the term, "Conspicuous consumption," which has become somewhat of a lesser meme in our society.

He used to teach classes in economic theory in various university classrooms. Because of his reputation at the time, his classes always attracted a LOT of students. By the end of each class term, however, his student attendance tended to dwindle down to a precious few...

:)

That's it. :) That's all I wanted to say tonight. I have a bit more wine to sip tonight, and then I need to sleep. I need to go into my office in Boston tomorrow to make a few more enhancements to the software I'm working on.

;) So if you are still following my shit: :D
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice