Talking to the Pilippines

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 450

I'm burning mad right now. I'm setting up some stupid bill pay system with my checking account and need to enter the mailing addresses of my payees.
Since my bills have been paid by check by mail, all of those stubs on the bottom of the statement have been torn off? Any mailing address on the back or front of the statement? No sir! Any information on their handy dandy website that they encourage you to view? Uh... that would be too customer service friendly.
So I dial the 800 or 888 or 866 number and hit the "0" or "#" key in the hopes of getting in touch with a human being who speaks English. When/if that happens, I am told that said person can't help me, but she will forward my call to someone who can better assist me.
I then get the cretin from the black lagoon. She offers me a walk in center at my local K*Mart. I tell her that I want a post office box number and ZIP code somewhere in Phoenix. Chances are she can't find it because she can't spell Phoenix and has no idea where it is. So I hang up, call back and am once again forwarded to the exact same moron. She asks for my name address last four phone number and request. Yadi yadi ya... This time she's calling me by my first name which doesn't exactly endear her. After putting me on hold and conferring with someone she gives me my home address.
"What's up with that?" I ask.
"If I understand you correctly, you want the address of the service. This is where the service is."
"I know where I live, honey! I know where the bills are sent too. I need to know where the payments go." I hang in a fit.
I call the main number a third time and rip a new a**hole out. "Interested in customer feedback? Concerned about how we feel? Well it's hot where I live and I don't like having my calls sent half way around the planet to someone who is clueless!"
On a lighter note, I'm stoked about Mrs. Clinton's debate on gay issues this August. It should be a good one. I'm looking forward to America finally having a woman president in the White House. It's LONG overdue!
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice