Prodotto e Servizio

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 467

We live in a world in which we generally expect product and service to go hand-in-hand. We look for it when we go to a salon (or a saloon), when we shop for clothing and when we seek medical attention.
There are so many times when I feel as if I am alone in my fight against the big, cold, heartless industrial giant. The giant will put up a front or a face and say, "We care what you think about us," but in reality the action taken is, "We're huge and we can do whatever the heck we want. If a competitor tries to tangle with us, we will crush it like a bug!"
This came to mind recently when I had a run-in with UNITED AIRLINES. First of all, any contact that I tried to make with this corporation was subdivided into to unpleasant options; I could either go online and deal with a website (offering me frequently asked questions... none of which was my question), or I could have my telephone call diverted to India, Pakistan or the Philippines where I would communicate with someone who was trained to be cloyingly sweet and dismissive of my stress.
My problem arose when I bought my ticket online from PriceLine. I was never told that I wouldn't get flight mileage credit. They added my mileage number to the reservation and it wasn't until after I had finished my trip that the news was given to me. I don't know why. It wasn't a free ticket. And add to that the airline had my funds MONTHS in advance.
On the way home I was trying to get to my seat. The stewardess had blocked it from me. I fought with her, begging three times. She crossed her arms in front of her. Turns out (when I ran to the toilet) that she had spread her stewardess ass out onto my assigned seat and the one next to it. Hmmmm....
So when I landed in Chicago I skirted over to a long line at customer service. Someone was going to hear from me, boy howdy! When I finally reached the desk, the clerk told me to go online to file a complaint.
I lost it. Losing it in Chicago is not pretty. "I DON'T USE COMPUTERS! I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH GETTING EMAILS THAT START OFF WITH THE SENTENCE 'DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL'. I WANT TO WRITE A LETTER TO A REAL LIVE AMERICAN HUMAN BEING AND TELL YOUR COMPANY WHY THE SERVICE I HAVE RECEIVED SO FAR IS HORRIBLE." The clerk searched frantically and found me a self-addressed postage free post card. "Give me two," I said, "My complaint certainly is not going to fit on a single post card!"
To date I have only gotten back DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL emails stating that the big, cold, heartless industrial giant was glad I had written and would investigate my claim. Have YOU heard from them? I sure haven't.
I have since told them to purge my account. I told them that I didn't want ANY TRACE of my ever having been there. I didn't want to donate my miles anywhere else. Every other day I go on line and every other day I see the mileage. I even wrote a letter to their so called service center in the metropolis of Rapid City, SD. No reply.
It's my day off from work, time to see if I can get an American online.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice