Pressed and Dressed

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 258

I have an invitation to an anniversary party in June in the Nutmeg State. I seldom go anywhere and have no clothing for formal wear. I went to MACY*S and NORDSTROM to see what was on the racks. What I saw were overpriced jackets from third world countries.
I wound up going downtown to a suit store that was a bit of a distance from the hubbub. I can't believe how many people are out, eating street food, munching and marching in stores where they intend on holding merchandise. GROSS!
I did find a nice off-white linen suit that needs small alteration. All I need now is a belt and the ensemble is complete.
For so many years I have been unsatisfied with the shape of my body. I have been overweight most of my life. In the past 10 months I've managed to knock off 45 pounds. I still have another 15-20 pounds to go. I'm not disappointed or upset as I knew this would be a long journey. "You didn't get to be that weight overnight and you're going to lose it overnight." Developing good eating habits at any stage in life is not always as easy as it seems. In fact, it seems easier to write than it does to live and execute.
So, what's the secret to my success? I pick a fixed number of calories per day to consume and I write down everything that I eat... even the number of glasses of water that I consume. Americans are put off by this. Weighing and measuring and recording food is alien to them and many feel it is akin to a mental illness such as OCD or anal-retention. Personally, I find it comforting, but I seem to be in the minority on that issue.
Well, in addition to good eating I am also mindful of my need for rest.
I'm pleased with my accomplishments and self-care this weekend.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice