Pissed Off

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 486

I seldom question the dictionary... actually I don't think I EVER question the dictionary... but this one is wrong because it's not a noun, it's an adjective.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
pissed off
?noun Slang: Vulgar. angry or annoyed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
[Origin: 1935?40]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, ? Random House, Inc. 2006.

I remember when I was in Gestalt therapy, the therapist told me that I needed to get in touch with my emotions and that I needed to express my needs. If something made me angry, I needed to let the accused know how I felt. In this way, the perpetrator could adjust and correct his actions accordingly. I thought this was a crazy thing to do; my rationale was that if I told someone what was pissing me off, that person would PURPOSELY or PURPOSEFULLY do the action JUST to piss me off.
Neurotic? Perhaps. Justified? Yes, indeedie! I've beened banned from channels on the IRC. In my mind I was just minding my own P's and Q's. Even here, where freedom is supposed to be King, I tend to be a bit more reserved with my comments. There are age and cultural differences here. My brand of hippie life is quite different from that of my friends. I won't discuss politics with most Americans because my views range from conservative to radical. I've noticed that even with the basic subjects that I find relatively important there is dissent among the ranks.
GAY MARRIAGE
AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE FOR ALL AMERICANS
AFFORDABLE HOUSING
NORMAL GAS PRICES
A REALISTIC MINIMUM WAGE
I have managed to make myself as invisible as I can. I think of myself as just a pin prick on the planet. I can be found online and if someone is ingenious enough he/she can probably figure out where I physically live. Let's hope the jury duty people don't !
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice