Canto III: Per me si va ne la città dolente
The entrance to Hell is about as welcoming as you’d expect:

Per me si va ne la città dolente,
per me si va ne l’etterno dolore,
per me si va tra la perduta gente.

THROUGH ME THE WAY TO THE CITY OF WOE,
THROUGH ME THE WAY TO ETERNAL PAIN,
THROUGH ME THE WAY AMONG THE LOST.

It's an old poem written by Dante. Whenever I think of how trying the tribulations seem to be in the day-to-day urban life of the undying hippie, I am reminded of how life might be perceived by someone roaming through the rings of hell. "How's that working for you?" one might ask.

Today I dealt with a government employee from the state. I had to get a license renewed. I paid the fee and provided my education information. The education was deficient. Although the license had not yet expired, the state agent placed my license on inactive status. Had I only been there, I would have gladly wrung his neck with my own two hands!

My livelihood is now on hold and technically I could be suspended. Once in suspension, the possibilities are limitless as to what might happen next. Part of me wants to say, "I will have your job!" or "Heads will roll!" but the fair-minded part of me wants to say, "Let's work this out amicably, shall we?"

Since I can't do anything until the state government opens again tomorrow at 0900, I will continue to do laundry and drink coffee all night long :(
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice