Meatless Lentil and Barley Soup

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 194

My latest preoccupation is bringing ancient family recipes into the 21st century using a handy dandy tool on My Fitness Pal dot com's webpage. I just enter the ingredients and indicate how many mouths the recipe feeds and abracadabra, I get the nutrition and kilo-calorie count neatly spread for retrieval when I make it and consume it.
For the last year I have been recording everything I eat (except on vacations!) in order to drop a few kilos. I have gone from 99.8 kgs to 79.3 kgs (that's a difference of about 45 pounds, to my American friends). And--I might add--I did this with the consumption of pasta and tomato gravy nearly every single night!
It's the first week of July and I put in a recipe for meatless lentil and barley soup. I know, a hot soup like that sounds more like a winter or autumn dish. But, when you try to keep your life meatless, there is no real eating around the seasons. Besides, lentils and barley are vegetarian shelf staples in this home.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice