MardiGrass Festival, Nimbin Australia

Published by skip in the blog skip's Blog. Views: 319

I'm here in Nimbin and I'll be reviewing the MardiGrass Festival for our sites. They're expecting 10,000 people to decend upon this tiny town tomorrow in the countryside surrounded by rainforest.

Yesterday I got to walk thru some of that rainforest on the side of an ancient volcano. Awesome. I post photos of the forest & town of Nimbin soon.

The town is gearing up for the annual onslaught which highlights cannabis reform. It seems everyone in this town is passionately activist regarding that subject, and this is definite one cool place to hang out. I hear they call this place Amsterdam on Steroids in the middle of nowhere (not sure about the steroid thing). I'd say it's a cross between woodstock and Amsterdam, or it will be this weekend.

There's going to be a big parade thru town on Sunday. I expect to be there, but I don't even have my accomodation sorted yet. Camping out is the order of the day anyway. So I got to go to get some camping gear, now.

More later.

[​IMG]
Nimbin Hemp Bar and Hemp Info Center​

[​IMG]
Street Scene Nimbin​

[​IMG]
Area Around Nimbin​

[​IMG]
Beautiful Nimbin Area​
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice