Mangiare per due persone

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 481

Things always seem to sound a tad bit better in translation. Today's entry is a simple translation of the colloquial phrase "Eating for Two!" It happens from time-to-time in my field. What's my field again? Human being on the planet Earth!
The problem with this situation would not be so grave if it occured during but a single meal within a seven day period. Let's see -- for those of you who are into algebra --
Three meals a day
times
Seven days a week
equals
Twenty-one meals per week
That means that each meal, assuming each meal were EXACTLY the same value, would have a percentage value of 4.75% of the week's pie.
4.75 x 21 = 99.75 (we'll cut a little slack for those glasses of water that have sweetened lemon juice or that extra saltine that you didn't think I saw you eat in the parking lot).
I do the Weight Watchers thing these days and I take my commitment pretty seriously. From time-to-time I just get tired of being good 24/7. This week was one of those times. A friend took me out to the CLAIM JUMPER

http://www.claimjumper.com/menu_dinein.htm

(Here's a copy of the menu without the prices). The portions are gargantuous. Think I bothered to share? Nope! There goes a week of Weight Watchers weight watching right down the hole. It doesn't matter at this point because I did enjoy the company... AND THE FOOD. As Scarlet O'Hara would say, "Fiddle dee dee! Tomorrow IS another day!"
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice