Flatus or Flatulence? I Got a Second Wind!

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 261

Getting a second wind means having more energy after having been tired. I found it on a list of English language idioms. https://www.ef.edu/english-resources/english-idioms/ ... It's a funny phrase. Actually, I think most sentences that deal with wind are ripe for the picking. I remember those days of being a young(er) nursing student and I'd have to describe a patient's condition. "Singultus noted," "Complains of pain from flatus five out of ten," or "Sinewy flatulence as evidenced by vigorous and forceful muscle contractions as well as enough hash marks to play tick-tack-toe in the patient's diaper."
There are some parts of the body that people never stop talking about and other parts that are mentioned in hushed whispers. Folks will talk about their eyes or their skin or their hair or their nails as if they were preparing for surgery. But have gastro-intestinal complaints or burning of the genitalia and the fervor of explanation is not quite on a congruent level.
I'd love to continue on this thread, but I've got to take the dog for a mani-pedi and I need to hop in the douche first.
PGA likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice