A Post-It from "Bill"

Published by Duncan in the blog Duncan's Blog. Views: 546

Today's mail pick up had a curious piece of correspondence. It was a handwritten note on a piece of paper the size of a post-in note. It was signed by "Bill" in quotes. I guess William wants to let me know that he is cool enough to have a nickname, but that I shouldn't make checks out to him with that nomenclature.
Bill is from Oregon. He came down to see his son in jail and maybe talk to the local police. I was holding on to a few of his son's personal possessions.
So who is his son? Someone I had met on the HipForum. Yeah, hard to believe that the one person I would end up hooking up with face-to-face, nose-to-nose and toe-to-toe is someone who came to California to flee from a warrant in Oregon.
I won't get into any horrific details about what why when where and who, but suffice it to say the guy was involved in activity that turned out to be far reaching (i.e. a federal offense). What made things difficult for me and put me in the middle is that I allowed him to use my address for mail. He was moving around alot before getting settled and my address would be "fixed". Lucky me!
He and his companion got picked up last April and that, I thought, was the end of it. Now "Bill" is claiming that there is stuff that I am holding onto.
I am so pleased that at 48 I have managed to stay out of jail and free of police harrassment. Now I get it in the cross-fire of others!
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice