Surgery

Published by Barefoot Rick in the blog Barefoot Rick's blog. Views: 233

Hi everybody,
Last Thursday I had surgery to reconstruct my bladder. And I went in my bare feet nobody said w word about my bare feet. And I had a every early surgery time I was there at 5:00 am . And it was cold that morning 16 degrees but it felt so good on my bare feet. And so when I checked in I had one of the nurses asked me wear are my shoes so she could put them in a bag were my pants and shirt was. I told her that I came in barefoot and I don’t wear shoes or socks. She was amazed that a guy goes barefoot like I do . She even ask me how long have I been going barefoot I told her over 30 years. She ask me if I do everything barefoot I said yes I go fish, camping , and hunting barefoot she said wow and also said I bet you save money on shoes and socks I said yes I do . So after all of the prep they wheeled me in to the operating room the next thing I knew I was in recovery and then being wheeled to my room . My doctor had me stay one night and as I was in my room one of the nurses ask me if I was ready to go for a walk I said yes I am and she said let me to on your socks I ask her do I have to wear socks she said will the hospital prefers that the patient wear socks. I told her that I don’t wear shoes or socks because of medical reasons . She ask what medical reasons I told her because of my gout my feet swell up really bad and I can’t wear socks or shoes. And I haven’t worn any shoes or socks for over 30 years. She said oh ok I said look at my medical chart and it will tell you I’m a barefooter. She look at my chart and she said yes you’re right so no you don’t have to wear socks you can walk barefoot. That made me really happy . So Thursday night I did a lot of walking and it’s good to walk they say that he will heal faster. And feel better then just sit there in bed . Which I do believe in that so I walk all around the2 floor a few times before the nurses said that I need to rest and get some sleep. Then Friday morning I got up went for another walk and then the doctor came and saw me and he said I could go home anytime I said ok I’m ready he said that he would get the nurses to write my discharge papers. So I got ready and my mom came up to see me and I told her that they are letting me go home so that was great timing on her part. They go me a wheelchair and took me to the ground floor and wheeled me to my mom’s car and before I could get out of my wheelchair the nurse ask me where are your shoes and I said I don’t wear shoes the nurse was a different one . She said oh you’re the one that’s barefoot all year around I said yes she said wow I wish I could go barefoot all year around but my feet get really cold in the winter . I told her mine are always hot and I leave wet foot prints on the concrete floor she said no way I said watch so I got out of the wheelchair put my bare feet on the cold concrete floor and you could see the outline of my bare feet on the floor the nurse said wow . I said thank you for everything and have a great day she said thanks . And I came home now I’m recovering and next week I see my doctor and I hope everything is healing they way it should. I have to take it easy for 2 to 4 months I can’t lift heavy weight. I hope next week the doctor takes this catheter out it a pain in my ass . I still go for walks around my block in my bare feet it’s been a little chilly but not to cold to be walking around barefoot outside. Will everybody keep barefooting.
  • ~Zen~
  • bill697cu
  • Barefoot Rick
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice