Totally Yoda

Lucy the Elephant

Totally Yoda, Jun 25, 2021

During my travels at work. I come across a lot of cool things. I'm sure most of you all have heard about this famous Lucy the Elephant. Feel free to read up on it :) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_the_Elephant

Lucy the Elephant
    • ~Zen~
      Now that is a genuine certified Grade A Number One Ace of a roadside attraction! Beats the flea market any day! Thank you for posting this. It is an oddity I never knew of :)
    • Totally Yoda
      @~Zen~ Thank you and no problem!
      You can rent it also. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head. It's very expensive. It has all the stuff you need to live in just like a house or a hotel. I've never been inside of it. I have seen interior photos of it. It's pretty cool! :)
    • Up4Fun757
      I've been in it. It was rather worn down in the 70's, and they used to allow tours to the top of her. I was a kid, and all I recall was steps and then arising at the top. A bit anit-climactic, but she was always a welcomed sight, when vacationing at the Jersey shore.
    • Toker
      Big one!
    • Totally Yoda
      @Up4Fun757 That's pretty cool. Is it roomy inside?
    • Up4Fun757
      @Totally Yoda I was like 10 years old... all I recall is a rather dark staircase, and arriving on top of it. Sorry, I wish I had more... ha! I do recall walking past her often to get to the beach, as we were staying close by, and thinking... this looks like it belongs on a miniature golf course. Maybe there was a mini golf course next to her. I dunno.
    • nudistguyny
      Margate New Jersey. Also the Renult wine bottles that you can find in that area on the side of the road.as advertisements. I always enjoyed spotting them as I drove past that part of the state. ( on the old state highways and byways ) They are hard to miss being 10/12 feet tall..... Memories
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Travel
    Uploaded By:
    Totally Yoda
    Date:
    Jun 25, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice