~Zen~

My little sailboat

~Zen~, May 13, 2022

Afloat at False Entrance off St Thomas near Happy Island. Yellow is the color of Bethor.

My little sailboat
You, Granite69, Pearl Kitty and 1 other person like this.
    • scratcho
      Lucky man!!:D
      ~Zen~ likes this.
    • Deleted member 320456
      That’s a very serene and picturesque view!
      ~Zen~ likes this.
    • Angelmama
      Yellow is the color of my true love's hair, in the morning when we rise... Donovan Leitch
      Nice, brother!
      ~Zen~ likes this.
    • ~Zen~
      @Angelmama photo taken in 1975...we had a community of sorts out there. No power, refrigeration, my boat had no motor only sails. I had a sailing dinghy to get back and forth to the dock. I could tow it when I went anywhere for a visit. It was the best life ever...but it was very small inside and you could not stand up down below.
    • scratcho
      That sounds like FREEDOM--to me!!
      ~Zen~ likes this.
    • ~Zen~
      @scratcho

FREEDOM was the name of my second boat...also anchored out there at False Entrance. A 42 foot wooden cabin cruiser. The engines had been removed, and it was a houseboat, with style. All the original varnished woodwork, bunks, heads (two) and a working galley. All the lights were powered by a car battery which I would recharge at the dock every couple of weeks.

I will look for a picture.
    • Angelmama
      @~Zen~I always wanted to live on a houseboat. Small quarters were fine; they're cozy rather than confining, imo. My cabin burned down, but it was 12×14.
      ~Zen~ likes this.
    • ~Zen~
      @Angelmama tiny homes are best for the environment anyway. Less to heat or cool for one thing.

Much less to clean for another.
    • Angelmama
      Totally agree. I've lived in big places, but my favorite homes, a cabin, an 8x10 tent, and a 3 room shack by the railroad tracks in Florida, were the smallest and most cozy.
      ~Zen~ and scratcho like this.
    • scratcho
      I lived on a 40 foot trimaran in Hawaii for a while. Sailed from Maui to Oahu to see Hendrix, but he blew his amps out just before I entered the venue. :oops: But sailing was great.
      ~Zen~ likes this.
    • scratcho
      And---I bought an unfinished 40 foot Wharram polynesian catamaran in Florida hopefully to finish and sail off into the sunset and settle somewhere in the the South Pacific. Didn't work out. Another old mans dream deferred.:(
      ~Zen~ likes this.
    • Angelmama
      I had a friend who lived in a little houseboat on the Suwanee river. He would move from place to place and had a little johnboat for side trips. He was a contented soul, an old black fellow who made his living growing and selling weed.
      scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
    • ~Zen~
      @Angelmama what a happy fellow he must have been! If it wasn't for mosquitoes I would like to live the same way...
      scratcho likes this.
    • Angelmama
      Funny you should mention mosquitoes. My old friend had that problem solved. He had a box with citronella and marigolds growing in it to repel the little beasties. He crushed some of the citronella (also called lemongrass), and rubbed it on his skin. Very effective!
      scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Caribbean
    Uploaded By:
    ~Zen~
    Date:
    May 13, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice