jagerhans

Floor lamp, ca. 1961

jagerhans, Oct 27, 2020

Revamped in the early seventies with a new lampshade instead of the original, flowery one. All cables, plugs and switches changed with new parts (the original components were in tatters). A bit of metal cleaning and a lot of swearing to fit all the electrical components in a cramped space.

Floor lamp, ca. 1961
Totally Yoda, Eric! and scratcho like this.
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      ~Zen~
      Sweet lamp indeed. I love the onyx base. There is a ton of onyx in Baja California but the mines are closed now.
      jagerhans likes this.
    • jagerhans
      @ZenKarma actually it is a thin onyx veneer on top of a thick gypsum disk (or stuff like that -the drillbit I used to widen the power cord hole ground that stuff into flour like dust). The column elements are solid onyx though. New nuts for the main shaft are unobtainable so I had to make do with the original ones that are treaded in a narrow non metric size; even industrial warehouses and dedicated vintage lamp shops don't keep stuff like that in stock any more. The guys at the lamp shop are fakes btw, such massive hipster beards and no vintage spare parts in their drawers
      ZenKarma likes this.
    • ~Zen~
      @jagerhans I like the overall style. The floor tiles, the furry rugs, the Wyoming style sofa, the Indian print window coverings, so reminiscent of many comfortable places I have visited. As they say in Holland, 'gezellig.'
      jagerhans likes this.
    • jagerhans
      I'll post other pics of the place then, some floors are a groovy mix of tiles all different. Friends find it amusing*

*mildly
      ZenKarma likes this.
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Candy Gal
      Love it JAGS. XXX
      ZenKarma likes this.
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Totally Yoda
      Very nice :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    The Sixties and Seventies
    Uploaded By:
    jagerhans
    Date:
    Oct 27, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice