One Night Stands

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by shirley314, Jul 3, 2005.

1. shirley314

shirley314 Member

love 'em or hate 'em?

2. Gats

Gats Member

I never had either or, but I can still have opinions no?
    To me 1 night stands= no love/no respect for yourself or the other person/willingness to spread stds all the more/ etc. Also, when the same person does ever find true love, sex would not be as profound nor meaningful due to the fact that sex had been treated as nothing more than a "one night stand" instead of a more meaningful act with a loved one.

3. shirley314

shirley314 Member

it's a good alternative when the 'loved one' is anywhere else but by your side and besides stds are a problem if u don't protect yourself. What sort of idiot wouldn't use a condom on a ONS?

4. shadowd_dreamr

shadowd_dreamr Senior Member

hate to love them..

i dont really like the after math of one night stands.... i get too emotionally involved with guys, when i shouldent.

i do however like the thrill of a one night stand as it is happening...it is a crazy rush to be with someone new physically...

so i love and hate it. ;)

5. Gats

Gats Member

Shirly 314:
    it's a good alternative when the 'loved one' is anywhere else but by your side and besides stds are a problem if u don't protect yourself. What sort of idiot wouldn't use a condom on a ONS?

The millions upon millions of idiots world wide who already have STDS.

6. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Hate Em, they are worthless, pointless, stupid. I can't imagine doing it.

7. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Alot of them are friggin rapes. You go to somebodys house, get drunk, and they fuck you.

8. blaked

blaked Member

Awww yeahhhh.... When I look back at a year and ask myself if it was a good year, I always question whether or not I hooked up a few times.

However, one night stands would be better if some guys didn't make it an art form and get like 100x as much as the next. The guys that are prolific aren't necessarily better looking, etc - it's more like the skill that allows you to be able to sell used cars and time-shares. These seem to be the guys that end up taking womens' virginity, leaving wallflowers like me without the pleasure of being able to say we've done so.

9. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

i like them and as long as you both consented then its ok. they can be fun say for example you are shy in bed then you can get the other person to do what you want. And they can be a laugh if you are confident as long as you are safe and no one will catch you (depending on where u r) they they r fun

10. DuskBreeze

DuskBreeze bye bye !

Had way too many of them, not proud of myself, don't like them. Would I do it again.........? Don't know.

11. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

Neither. I've gotten too old -- and too spoiled by my now-20-year-old relationship with my partner -- for them. :&

Having said that, what if you had a one-nighter with a longtime friend? How would that affect your friendship?

-- Skeeter

12. reincarnatmenowK

reincarnatmenowK Member

I dont do them. In the past I tried and it ended up in a relationship ..which tells you I am no good at it ..lol ..right now I am celibate so I dont know I am even looking at this thread -but they are good if you and that person are both in that same mind set and its safe ...then its fun ..

13. sweetval

sweetval Member

I like one night stands with a guy.

Since I have a steady g/f (who's into sex with guys too) and do not want a relationship with a boy, it's nice to have some wild sex and not have to play a whole bunch of games. Suck, fuck and go home.

14. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

I've never had one and I never will. I have to feel something for someone before I even consider sleeping with them.

15. flyinglily

flyinglily Member

I've done it in the past, but now I really coudln't do that, it lost its sense when I realized how good is sex with a person that is not a one night stand ;)

16. Davino

Davino Member

They can be physically fulfilling but basically a blip on the radar screen of life. Haven't had all that many, though...

17. hiro

hiro pursue it

I have never had a one night stand and never really plan on that happening. I think sex is too personal for it to just happen and that be the end.

18. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

i'm all about free love (although i dont just go looking for it, its got to just fall in place)

19. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

lllloooooollllll you are so DAMN RIGHT!

20. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

Now I'm curious: If a one-night stand with a longtime friend of yours led to a relationship with that friend, why would that be a bad thing? I've had that experience and it actually enhanced the friendship (which continues to this day, after 20 years).

What went wrong with yours?

-- Skeeter