Interesting feedback on your relationshi

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by aer2, Jul 2, 2005.

1. aer2

aer2 Member

Hello everyone! I am brand new to this website and really enjoying it! I am also a relationship researcher. We are running a number of surveys which I think some of you may be interested in. If you are interested check out:

www.couples-research.com

CURRENT ONLINE SURVEYS:

[font=&quot]The Communication & Conflict in Relationships
    Survey (NEW)[/font]

1.[font=&quot] [/font]This survey is voluntary & anonymous

2.[font=&quot] [/font]It is shorter (takes 15-20 minutes to complete)

3.[font=&quot] [/font]Will offer you more extensive feedback on the quality your relationship.

[font=&quot]Personality and Relationships Survey (NEW)[/font]

1.[font=&quot] [/font]This survey is voluntary & anonymous

2.[font=&quot] [/font]It is shorter (takes 15-20 minutes to complete)

3.[font=&quot] [/font]Offers EXTENSIVE FEEDBACK on your personality and your relationship

[font=&quot]The Elements of Relationship Satisfaction Survey [/font]

1.[font=&quot] [/font]Is voluntary and anonymous

2.[font=&quot] [/font]Takes 20-25 minutes

3.[font=&quot] [/font]Will offer you feedback on how satisfied you are in your relationship

LONGITUDINAL STUDY:

[font=&quot]Understanding Challenges in Early Marriage Study:[/font]

1.[font=&quot] [/font]Is voluntary and confidential

2.[font=&quot] [/font]Is open to engaged couples and newlyweds

3.[font=&quot] [/font]Takes 20-25 minutes for the initial survey

4.[font=&quot] [/font]Includes short (5-10min) yearly follow up surveys

5.[font=&quot] [/font]Pays $5-10 for completed surveys with chances to win $100 each year

Thank you for your time and support!

Ronald D. Rogge, Ph.D.
    Department of Clinical and Social Psychology
    University of Rochester
    rogge@psych.rochester.edu

[font=&quot] [/font]

2. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

Before ANYONE participates in this survey, I need to know if the HipForums moderators vetted this researcher to find out if he's legit.

I have to ask this, because of a past experience in which a similar posting was made to another on-line message board and the "researcher" turned out to be radical Christian fundamentalist who bombarded "survey" participants with fire-and-brimstone "Repent or go to hell!" messages.

So for me, this is an online security issue. I apologize if I'm being a bit paranoid with this, but once burned, twice shy.

-- Skeeter

3. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Don't take online tests seriously. I'm not in a relationship anyway.

4. Gats

Gats Member

Skeeter:
    Before ANYONE participates in this survey, I need to know if the HipForums moderators vetted this researcher to find out if he's legit.

I have to ask this, because of a past experience in which a similar posting was made to another on-line message board and the "researcher" turned out to be radical Christian fundamentalist who bombarded "survey" participants with fire-and-brimstone "Repent or go to hell!" messages.

So for me, this is an online security issue. I apologize if I'm being a bit paranoid with this, but once burned, twice shy.

Hmmm....., but I think I like fire and brimstone. For some reason I think they taste like oranges...

5. aer2

aer2 Member

Hello all! I just wanted to give you the opportunity to investigate this research and assure yourself that we are in fact marital researchers. Our research had been reviewed by the University of Rochester's Institutional Review Board (the ethical and scientific review committee at the University of Rochester) and includes informed consent. The research is also both completely voluntary and confidential. If you would like more information about the surveys our lab homepage is http://www.couples-research.com. You are also welcome to visit the University of Rochester's Psychology Department webpage at http://www.psych.rochester.edu/csp/ The principal investigator of this research is Ronald D. Rogge, PhD and his webpage (including his contact information) is http://www.psych.rochester.edu/faculty/rogge/ (he is also listed as faculty at under the Psychology Department's webpage)
    If you have any questions regarding this research, please feel free to email us at newlywed@psych.rochester.edu. Thank you very much for your interest in this research and please do not hesitate to contact us with questions.