mp3 help...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Platinum_twf, May 10, 2004.

1. Platinum_twf

Platinum_twf Member

when you download mp3s, that say full CD or full album...if you burn it on to a disk will you still be able to skip thru tracks? Or will it be like one long track? I was thinking about downloading some stuff, but I only have a 56k connection so it will take a wail, so I want to find out before I bother to take the time to download something.....

and also does any one know any free mp3 sites??

**I'm not sure if this is the right forum

2. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

It depends on several things. Are you downloading Individual tracks? (Songs) Or the entire Album as a single file? What software are you using to play them?
    Or Burn them to CD? With single files, you can jump around the CD all you want in most cases. There are certain albums, that are only a single file, and weren't split itno single files. Those, you have to download and play as ONE file. (Sam Kinison's Live From Hell is ONE of those types)

And, Kazaa is the most popular site to download anything. You can get not only Music, but Movies, and software too. BUT!!! You shoud have a good Antivirus software! Just search for "Kazaa" on any search engine. You'll have to download thier software to access anything, but it's worth it.

3. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

i was using sequensers, mainly cool edit pro to do such a job

4. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Yep! Cool Edit Pro is good. And it's readily available on any P2P network. Just make sure you have a Good Anti-Virus, and Firewall. I can get you a "KEY" for V. 7.0

5. Jim

Jim Senior Member

If you download an 'albumwrap', namely something that ends in "_ALBW", then all you need is Alba Extractor to extract the tracks one by one...

Of course, some albumwraps don't end in "_ALBW" and therefore won't unwrap, so, then comes the time for MP3 editing.. lol

6. migle

migle Senior Member

Don't worry Platinum, when you download a complete album, most probably is that you download one archive that containes the full album track by track compressed in a .rar or in a .zip, you only have to uncompressed the file, and it will save the full disk track by track in a folder, so you can burn it on a cd with no problem.
    If you want all the music, go to www.slsk.net and install soulseek, it's a very good program to share music where you can find all kind of music, in this program you can search a song or an artist, and download just the files or the folders from the rest of the clients while they are connected.

7. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

That means it's a one whole track, so try downloading the songs individualy. And for free mp3 sites? Try Lycos Music, it has free mp3's on it, but make sure you download the right ones, cause it's hard to tell who it's by. music.lycos.com

8. Slappy Woodstock

Slappy Woodstock Members