You know you're from New Zealand when...

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Taylor, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Old because there's nothing going on? So, if there were wild parties all the time, the land would be young? PLease make sense. Our land is old because it remained together after detachment from all else. It has survived the longest. It doesn't matter why that is so, the argument here is HAS IT?

If you want to debate the WHY now, let's go boyo :p

2. vimmeroony

vimmeroony Member

I said old, geologically. You know, Geology. Rocks (often grey, hard things that foreign visitors throw at you locals)

Yes it's old, but the Earth is the same age all over. It's just that in some regions of the planet, the soil is replaced faster than in other places. Some places are prone to erosion, undergo volcanic and other geothermal activity that cycle the land. So, you could say that Austalia's land isn't as.. shall we say.. DYNAMIC as other parts of the world.

Australia = STAGNANT.

:p

3. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Not dynamic? yet we have 20 million people ( and "just" a few kiwi's)
    Whatever you reckon big boy

4. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

he's not talking about people.

5. Megara

Megara Banned

yikes, what a silly thing to argue :p

you guys can keep the 'old world' i prefer the 'new world' :p

6. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I know Soph, I used lashed the other day and my flatmate gave me a blank look and said 'oh my god did you just say lashed?'

7. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Im just saying what my lecturer of Australian history told me last semester. :) Have a nice day. :)

8. vimmeroony

vimmeroony Member

That's okay. It just freaked out my poor little science brain... it wasn't anything personal, because there are several hypotheses out there regarding human evolution.. i guess i was stating my view and not listening to others. (maybe i should feel bad, but i dont)

9. Glenedenraised

Glenedenraised Guest

You know your from New Zealand when you see a mate passed out from drinking and the first reaction isn't "SOMEONE GET HELP!" its, "hahaha bro look at _________ what a horsed kieent! help us carry him on the bed, give him a few hours and he'll be allsweet"

You know your from Australia when Sup = What you doing?
    You know your from New Zealand when Sup = Sup and
    upto/happening cuzz? = what you doing?

You know your from Australia when serious! = "deadset!"
    You know your from New Zealand when Serious! = "Straight up!

You know your from New Zealand when hearing the term, "garage drinkups" brings back solid memories.

You know your from New Zealand when a normal part of a conversation is "haha fuck remember when "name of a mate" "what he did"
    "haha yeah bro fuck that was a mean night!"

You know your from New Zealand when your girlfriend is your miri or misses

You know your from New Zealand when, "Parakai pools"

You know your from New Zealand when mates live just down the road

You know your from New Zealand when mates turn up to your house uninvited go straight to your cupboard, cook up a feed of megoreng noodles and THEN says "ayeeee sup cuzz! what you been upto?"

You know your from New Zealand when rugby = "Run it straight g!!!!" "ohhhh shit he got waxed/wacked!" "hit the gas hit the gas!"

You know your from Australia when = "you wanna go smoke a joint brah?"
    You know your from New Zealand when = "you wanna go hit buckies bro?"

and finally you know your from New Zealand when after hitting up the local pools the quote that makes you all decide to leave is, "you wanna go do chip ins for a feed?" followed by "yo! keen!" and "yo thats us!" and you already KNOW that the feeds gonna be down at the fish and chip shop and its gonna go something like this... : "boys chuck us your chip-ins?" *chip-ins handed over (not in notes ofcourse, thats too rich) *head up to the counter "uhhh can i get aaaaa $5 chips, 4 deepfried mars bars and $1 mixed sauce and cheese on the chips please?" then, "bro, here take this and go down nd grab a bread and a starz yeah?" "ok sweet cuzz which one? Purple? " "yeh bro thats the one, if not then the green or red one"

If none of this makes sense to you your an Australian or a "aussie born" Maori/Islander/wannabe New Zealander

10. Glenedenraised

Glenedenraised Guest

If none of this makes sense to you your an Australian.

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

From reading this it sounds like Kiwis know how to have a good time in the garage and party heartily.

13. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

You know:
    -Goldstein
    -Nek minnit
    -You must always blow on the pie
    -I'm beached az
    -You know I can't grab your ghost chips
    and who killed the Bain family