You know you're from New Zealand when...

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Taylor, Jun 20, 2005.

1. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

ok cool... i like political correctness so I think I'd get along with New Zealanders... peace and love everyone, Molly

2. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Aussie are better ;)

3. Megara

Megara Banned

at being loud :p..haha that reminds me of a funny story...i was in fiji with my fam a few weeks back and we were sitting down getting drinks when all of a sudden we hear "aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi" so i roll my eyes a bit and go "and americans are the loud ones." Well, next day we're out on a boat and we run into an American couple..and they were telling us how they were out with some australians the night before..and how they went through the hotel chanting 'aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi' and how they were so proud because they did it louder than the australians :p

doh![​IMG]

and hahaha vimme

4. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

It was surprising, how many Americans were doing the Aussie Aussie Aussie thing. That was a bit weird but hey, they're yanks :p

5. Bugalugs

Bugalugs Member

you know all the All Blacks names , you love Weet Bix.
    You celebrate everything with a party.
    You don't get dressed up to go to town

6. Bugalugs

Bugalugs Member

oh yeah and everything isn't a drama

7. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

You prefer marmite over veg. Yuck :confused:

8. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

vegemite is beyond foul. It's the wrong COLOUR for a start. marmite on the other hand...food of the gods. We have a 1.2 kg tub of marmite in our flat..mmmmm

9. Bugalugs

Bugalugs Member

when you see a New Zealand actor in an American movie and they say hes from Aussie, you got totally pissed off............

10. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

When they cast Kiwis in Aussie flicks ;-)

I hate it (for both our sakes) when i meet overseas folk, and they say to be an Aussie/Kiwi is the same thing or close enough. Dickheads :)

11. Megara

Megara Banned

when you can actually laugh at bro town :p

ugh, i have a huge pet peeve against people who go "ooh look, a kiwi, an aussie, a canadian, brit, german, blah blah" in some hollywood movie. WTF cares? It is sooooooo annoying and everyone does it.

12. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Wait, you mean who cares about other nationalities in yank films, other than yanks like yourself? I just wish, if bloody americans wanted foreigners in their fils, at least use actors from those countries? It wouldn't be that hard to find them in hollywood, since they'd probably be unknown it wouldn't cost them a bundle either. Anyway what do i care, it only makes them look stupid.

What about sequels that should have been left alone after a great first flick. Speed was cool, the sequel makes you not want to watch the first.

13. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

yeah most sequels do suck big time (watch scream two for a in-joke film nerdathon on that topic)

and chris - whatdya mean?

i don't care who plays a part - if it's a playing an aussie, fine. It's like renee zellweger
    playing a brit in bridget jones.
    But, when people assume i'm an aussie, or that kiwis are aussies (and/or that NZ is part of australia)..well that can get old very fast.

As for kiwis always being cast as foreign nationals - i don't know itf it annoys me as much as i find it funny that cliff curtis and tem morrison have between them played terrorists from every middle eastern nation under the sun...

14. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Hey that's true about Temuera Morrison, at least it's work i suppose. Shame though, that the Aussie and Kiwi actor can't use their actual accents all the time. Would surely be refreshing.

15. Megara

Megara Banned

oh no, i dont really care about the nationality of a hollywood actor. Dont really care too much about the accents either, of course some shouldnt happen: a stuckup brit accent as a cowboy or a slack jawed southern accent as the queen of england...no.

I'm talking about the audience. It is really anal of me, but i hate when i watch a film with a non-american and they chime in "HE'S BRITISH! HE'S CANADIAN!" and im left like..."so?" ... "that's great...really" Canadians are especially bad, in a nice way of course. :p

16. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

well, yeah, i do that if I see a kiwi up there - but mainly because it's quite funny seeing someone whose last screen appearance was Shortland Street being an all-American love interest.

17. Megara

Megara Banned

*inserts both feet into his mouth*

meh, hollywood has ceased being just "American" a long time ago and has become its own entity. Take Lord of the Rings for example.

18. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

ha you sound like you should be doing film 206 - NZ cinema. our essay was on whether LOTR was a new zealand film or an american film or whether it existed outside those boundaries.

dunno if i'd call it a hollywood film though either.

19. Megara

Megara Banned

edit: meh lets get this thread back on topic

20. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Huh, ask anyone in America if LOTR was American or Kiwi and you know what they'd say.

JAFFAS JAFFAS JAFFAS JAFFAS JAFFAS JAFFAS JAFFAS JAFFAS JAFFAS JAFFAS

What are Sniffters anyway?