Dreadlock Forum: Knotty Know-How

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by DancerAnnie, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamish...

hamish... Member

lookin good so far

2. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Hey there Miss Mermaid, I know you! Looking good! I'll be in touch, maybe come visit this week sometime? :D

3. jademermaid

jademermaid Member

Hey you!

I would love to hang out one day, do you want me to give you a call? I still have your card.

4. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

sad to say i had to take mine out because i was getting severe dandruff. i literally cried. but once i am off of this cursed medication that causes this dandruff i shall bring my babies back from the grave! :evil laugh: or rather scalp. but yours are looking great Jade. THey are beautiful.

5. dopeydreads

dopeydreads Member

man I'm so jealous of you guys that can grow out your hair and have natural dreads. I have a family trait from my dad's side that only lets my hair grow just over my ears, and then it stops, no matter what I do. I've tried everything. I am determined to have dreads down to my lower back. soooo I'm cheating and getting the extensions. :( I'm not too happy. has anybody else had to get extensions for dreads?

6. hamish...

hamish... Member

just have mini mini dreads then lol....iv never liked the whole extensions thing...too fake for me sorrry dude

7. dopeydreads

dopeydreads Member

yeah see that's how I feel too. so I'm torn. damn those family genes

8. Ronin01

Ronin01 Member

:agree:Yeah get shorter dreads maybe its just growing so slow you dont notice the growth. Eventually you may have the dreadlocks down your back. I also have shorter dreadlocks, I didnt want to get extensions at all. I dont even use wax. I kinda cheated and got a dreadlock place to do them for me but thats just cause im white and dreadlocks refused to stay in my hair. I never even had to comb my hair it was so fine.

My dreadlocks will never look quite as nice as hair thats naturally kinky/nappy and locks up easily, But I love taking care of em and I love the way they look, all natural dreadlocks that arent nasty or smelly :hysterica:

-Jak

9. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Guys, i really need to know ! How long does my hair need to be to dread? It feels like the same length for months! I really wanna dread it after it being too short last time.
    Thanks
    The Pmiester

10. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

You can use anti dandruff shampoo on your dreads you know you don't need to take them off when you have dandruff, head n shoulders works just fine..
    Oh and people, don't use wax, it's baaaad unless you have mature dreads cause the wax keeps them from dehydrating and eventually breaking off, but if you use wax too musch you get build up in the center and it 'll be a nice place for bugs to nest.

11. EarthChildOfPeace

EarthChildOfPeace Member

Hey guys. I just gave my friend dreadlocks. It took 3 days to do them all, because we both had to work and such, But they look AWESOME. Now my only question is do we need to do anything special to get beads on. And will it hurt them to backcomb the ones that are getting a little loose aroudn the roots ?

12. tfitz

tfitz Member

i cut my dreads off a lil over a month ago for work but i really wanna grow em' back...wat are some jobs that pay enough 2 live off of that allow dreads?

13. tfitz

tfitz Member

hey...i cut my dreads off about a month ago for work but i really wanna grow em' back....wat are some jobs that pay enough to live off of that allow dreads?

14. tfitz

tfitz Member

where do u work?...i had to cut my dreads off for a job that i just got fired from and i wanna grow em' back but i need 2 find a job that will accept them now so i dont have to get a job and then switch 2 another one wen i grow em' back

15. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

That sucks.. maybe you should try upkeeping them better next time and tie them back, it looks neater so they'll accept you easier

16. sun-shine

sun-shine Member

I tried the dread thing a year ago, and only had them in for about 8 months before I took em out (which hurt more than I could have imagined :p) but now I'm missing them, and so I've decided to go about this the right way. I'm just looking for any tips people have for maintaining early, younger dreads. I want 'em to be well cared for. :)

17. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

Look in the things we like and things to beware of thread^^ it has loads of useful stuff on it

18. dreadheadjassie

dreadheadjassie Member

yay a dread head chat! :D

19. dreadheadjassie

dreadheadjassie Member

I hate it when school/ work makes you cut off dreads!
    Im in a comprehensive school and I get so much stick for having dreads even from the teachers!
    I refuse to get rid of them though :)
    I have come up with some great come backs for them through-out the years of torment..
    xo

20. Melibee

Melibee Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.