what are the pros (and cons) of a one-government world?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by soulrebel51, Jun 3, 2005.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i have no favor for a unilaterally dictated world, which is the kind the dominance of economic interests has given us now. but a democratically elected world federal system, to protect the lives and freedoms of all people of all nations, and the health of our planet's biosphere, is only logical.

our planet's warring states period must end, else ecological disaster, ends our human species. if some other equitable and peaceful means of achieving this is known, i would have no objection to it instead.

but i really fail to see an logical objection, to the unity of diversity.

2. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Simplicity is the pro, things would eventually become more streamlined and efficient.

Perhaps there would be a loss of freedom, but to what degree is dependent on the details of the design of a one world government.

If a bunch of wise, thoughtful people found a balance between international government, national, state/province, and then city/local government with a fair Constitution like the USA has, then perhaps it could work.

But the likelihood of that is low, as humans tend to be base and self-interested rather than invested in the species as a whole. Expediency is often used to justify immorality in government or the private sector.

1 person likes this.
  3. Still Kicking

Still Kicking Members

Personally, I prefer a no government world, so that people can live in peace and harmony with each other for a change.

4. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i think, it would work! and there wouldn't be much noticeable difference. it would be like the united states, there is a federal government, and the individual states make their own laws. so in a single world government, there would be international laws, and your local laws. why would that be a bad thing?

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the choice is not if, but of what kind. we have a world unified by corporate criminals now. with no system of laws, nor of checks and balances, capable of restraining them.

2 people like this.
  6. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

This is how it should be..an ocean is not owned by a country, so they all throw thier garbage in it and it never gets cleaned, luckily the earth is able to clean itself but in no way can keep up with nasty humans.

1 person likes this.
  7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know. I cannot keep up with them, and why am I trying to? :(

8. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

I think you need to start with WHO runs this One World Gov't. Russia, America, China, Illuminati, Bankers.
    Then you need to ask how is it going to happen = 1 big f****** war and by what means, Nuclear, disease, famine
    At what cost to human life and most important the environment because without it we do not survive. 1 bil people left on Earth afterwords but no survival if there is a Nuclear cloud lingering for 500 yrs and the destruction of the ground beneath us

Read Aldous Huxley - Brave new world

A scary thought to a possible outcome

There will be no Utopia

The only way is for an uprising of the people around the world joining together to fight off the rulers of this "free" world.

9. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

In finishing what I mentioned above, had to pick up son from school lol

I believe in a free united society were we all relish in the abundance that Mother Earth has naturally provided us, but there will still be rules and with rules comes power and greed and back to square one again.

So a NWO, One world gov't or keep it as is. In the end, the people and environment lose

10. tallend

tallend Members

This is the point, everyone loses - I think it could function but under other circumstances, not as it is today, that needs a lot of change in thinking i gues, nobody is willing to do so.

11. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

It's hard to have a one-size fits all solution that fits every type of person. This is true with anything, not just governments. We're NOT all the same, people are different. You can be one of the sheep, or you can be an individual.

1 person likes this.
  12. Moonglow181

Truer words have never been spoken....

13. Pros: Fashion and music will take on a heightened sense of urgency, set to the backdrop of an all-powerful government.
    Cons: We will all become cave elves, collecting sparkly dust from the cave walls in order to power our star machine.

14. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

if shit hits the fan, there's no other country to go to for a better life, there would be no escape.

1 person likes this.
  15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I could see it if ALL people believed in everyone having a reasonable share of the earths riches and that those riches were distributed in the correct and intelligent way, as in not using them completely up. That's what we're doing now. I fail and have failed to see the benevolence of many of the worlds leaders, past or present, as accumulating the aforementioned riches has become the be-all and end-all of most everyone that actually has the power to make some changes. Changes that would manifest equality, empathy and fairness instead of greed. Evolution has brought us to this point--I wish it would pick up the pace. For example=why aren't the benefits of modern medicine free to all? Greed. Good health should be considered a basic right to whomever needs it, anywhere, any time.
    In conclusion, the folks that "run the earth" now would be very bad for most of us if their rule was complete.

(but frankly, I think it's coming some time down the line. Seems the logical conclusive desire of the major power seekers.)

1 person likes this.
  16. Moonglow181

I could think of one, if one were able to get out of here.

17. Moonglow181

It only gets worse and worse, Scratcho...seems shit has tohit the fan in order for things to get better....and i wish it were not so. :(

1 person likes this.
  18. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

No one's regulating about whether you could do this or that for a minor offense . More freedom to the people and they get to choose the way that want to live and die without the government banning it.

The cons would be that there would be one single ruler to take over everyone one of of us. This somehow reminds me of the French and American revolution with too much government taking over.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the laws that govern individuals should be completely local, where people can participate in them on a meaningful level, so i'm not suggesting that a world government should have anything to do with that. but what there needs to be, call it a world government or not, is a way to stop governments from being harmful. if you're going to have governments like we have with soverign nations at all, then you also need some way, to make THEM behave themselves. and this isn't a matter of ideology.

the thing about national governments, it isn't love or hate, its america today, britain before america and others before them, france, spain, all the way back to rome and greece, and maybe other in the future, is forcing everyone to do the same wrong things, the same wrong ways and destroying everything by doing so. that's what america is doing now, and why we need something that looks out for the interests of real humans and other living things, to stop america, or any other nation, from doing so.

20. opinionator

opinionator Members

There are absolutely no pros to a one government world. People of the world are too different. Religions are different. One government rule could not be achieved without many many people being oppressed and forced to live in some way that they find against their beliefs and culture.