Are Dreams a Gateway Into the Future

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Snowman5000, Jun 1, 2005.

1. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Short answer: no.

Long answer: obviously not.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Mine just seem to be a conglomeration--a jumble of things past. But I do know factually that precognition exists. An ex of mine had two

while we were together. One, not so serious. Another that was and still is very spooky.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

they're a gateway into a parallel universe, by way of the subconscious mind.

any resemblance to real persons or events in this universe,
    as can sometimes happen,
    is completely random and generally unreliable.

4. Bud D

Bud D Member

Dreams are a gateway to our past. If we could be more present perhaps we could control more of our future. But, so much of our past builds our future. I hope my dreams aren't my future, or I am going to be drafted if they are!

5. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

All of our conscious recognitions are gateways to experience which is what your future consists of. There is no difference in those terms between your night and your day dreams.

6. I sometimes have dreams that come true, and it's usually really mundane things, like pictures I'll see the next day which are eerily similar to the content of my dreams.

7. thedope

Happens with your day dreams as well. Thing is our hopes and dreams may or may not materialize in time but what will be done, is done.

8. I've got to start daydreaming more often.

9. thedope

Will more often. Dream less.

1 person likes this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that sounds sort of normal for dreams, where things can transform. what would be unusual would be when i notice them doing so. i would notice something like that certainly. but oddly enough there don't seem to be birds in my dreams. just the occasional ufo which is clearly a mechanical object. occasionally one lands and i get to go inside. and sometimes they're not 'unidentified' because the world the dream is in, has them.

its not often at all that i meet people in my dreams. sometimes they're there, kind of in the background, and sometimes they're not there at all. only very rarely to i actually meet and interact with another person.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

to me that sounds like a fantasy that i've never seen work that way. unless by will, you mean consciously choose your focus and being aware of doing so. there is no other power of will besides that that i know of. whether in dreams or waking life.

12. thedope

What else could I mean?

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

with you? damd near anything.

i totally don't get what asmo's basket case ball player had to do with it either.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

His name is Will.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

ahhh. that explains.

17. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC84WX4QWCI

1 person likes this.
  18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I dreamed of a spark of light on my nose . Sometime later , it happened while sitting
    near a campfire .... the spark! me nose! funny joke!

19. cammie77

cammie77 Members

I had a dream a little over a year ago and now every aspect of the dream has come true; 3 or 4 events which all happened from the dream, one of which was my car breaking down at a certain time. When I had the dream I concluded that the meaning was change was going to happen but at the time the last aspect of the dream didn't really happen, but recently it did. I had some very specific dreams about the person in that dream too...dreams with specific things in them, like a kitchen table in an office.

I have a reoccurring dream too, it involves a big house and I dream about bridges a lot.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

everyone says its a spoiler, if you read the end of a book, but then they want spoilers in real life. why?
    this is silly both ways. knowing where a story is going doesn't spoil the ride getting there.
    but why do people think it is some kind of advantage to not let there be surprises in real life?
    dreams are diverse. life is diverse. sometimes one is like the other.
    why is this a big deal? would it be a big deal if it were more common?
    would it be a big deal if it were less?