ever tripped without drugs??

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by hello, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

Shrooms don't even "fuck with your mind"... It is just that, from that high of a perspective, you are looking down on 'life' quickly flowing around you, as if it were a simple game of chess. Not only under the influence but the residual effect is also perminent (doors that have been opened). By our socitaly conditioned standards, yea that is derfanatly a not normal take on life... but this is just the type of detachment that Buddah's(sp?) all about... detachment is a key to enlightenment, it is a sort of "price you pay" type of deal!

Socity distracts from what it really there... we are all surrounded by a culture that thinks it has reversed the order of nature...

Have you ever noticed how much more you pay attention to detail once you've shroomed(if you got into it that is)? Ever noticed how the complexities of social relationships are no longer as complicated and perplexing? I find that 'shrooms allow you to examine any given thing or concept and examine it at several different angles and perspectives at once.

beatlerific, nice to see you on the psych boards ...I don't remember seeing you around here in a while... ;)

-PsDX

2. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

detachment?
    buddha sought awareness. connectedness. not detachment.
    i dont really know of much religion or spirituality outside of what i came upon through my own thought... but this detachment doesn't bare any insight, at least for me. i found myself at a high point in my thought, i felt sharp, keen, aware... i've seen it blow on by, too fast. this detachment i believe is nothing more then me spacing out too easily, stuttering now more then ever, and ending basically every sentence that leaves my mouth with "....man".
    i know i abused a beautiful thing, and i know now that moderation is not harmful.
    i'm on my way again...
    i just dont think it's right to tell people that detachment is enlightenment, and whathaveyou. learning and understanding this world and this life does not have to be at the expense of how you physically relate. i believe you can achieve much much much insight through shrooms and other drugs, but burning out is definitely burning out. you should cherish your health more then anything. with a healthy field, your flowers will bloom beautifully. take care of yourself. finding yourself detached(detaching) is not a positive thing. all your insight you obtained might be, but i've found myself in this situation, and in the long run, being connected with this physical world is a beautiful thing. nothing is stopping anyone from spiritual fulfillment, definitely not not burning out.

3. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

hi guys! i'm doin lovely. just thought i'd stop on by because psychedelics are always a good time. hehe. yes, mag, i got some good shrooms at bonnaroo too! i have felt at times that my mind is gonna be gone forever because of shrooms but it never happens. i really don't think it can. i've heard it's bad to do them a hell of alot but even then, it seems to me the effects would just lessen over time. acid.. now i think that's another story but i wouldn't know. :( i haven't gotten to experience acid...

YET!

4. Meeshka Chaukinov

Meeshka Chaukinov Senior Member

This probably sounds incredibly stupid, but if you light some incense, switch your TV onto static, turn on some really trancie music, and then stare into your white fuzzy tv screen, it's trippy as hell. I advise you all to go try it.

5. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Once I fasted for about a week. On the last day of the fast, I didn't sleep all night. I was trippin' out a bit, the walls were breathing, things were warping and I was thinking very strangely/philisophically.
    I saw things out of the corner of my eye, and smoke that wasn't there.
    It was pretty fun.
    If you're broke, but want to trip, just stop eating for a week and then lose alot of sleep!
    :D

6. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

Ah...I agree... prehaps I didn't explain myself throughly. The 'detachment' I was speaking of is only refering to being detached from 'socity', mainstream culture, the great delusion. I am soooooooo much more connected to nature and GIA and the real source of the universe... I know I don't understand lots about it.. but I belive that I'm on the 'right track' in cosmic terms.

I'm glad that you do realize their power... I'm so dreadfuly sick of arguing with the ignorant larvals who try to tell me that a fucking "high" is a poisioning(the effect of feeling high is caused by a toxic poisioning effect!).

7. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i'm feeling you now. society does definitely throw perspective off. i dont believe, however, that right now it's necessarily bad for everyone. it's horrible it's come to this and all, but right now, if everyone's eyes were to be opened, it'd be very very hectic. i used to think the gov't was aware of all this, and they just might be, but i've been convincing myself more and more that they're truly just trying to help the people the best they can. they are very smart, and probably do see the downside to enlightening the people (i guessyou can say). they also want order. if they are evil or not, i'm not to say... my opinion is just that. but i do see what you mean by detachment. it is definitely good to have eyes and spirits open to the laws and logics of the world. i hope you are well on your path to some inner peace.
    and getting high is definitely a beautiful beautiful beautiful thing. just make sure to alwasy cherish it. regardless if you're trippin every day or when you feel your spirit would benefit from it, always cherish it. it definitely is beautiful. this goes for reefer also. you can definitely abuse it. i know i used to, horribly. i still smoke just about daily. but i know it's more in my heart now then in my head. i see direction and growth with each high, no longer just "getting ripped before math class". if you truly cherish each high, each will be as good and healthy as the next.

lovelovelove

8. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

try not sleeping for a night or two. thats always fun

9. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i used to take acid before i was remotely open minded to pull any benefits from it. this was several years ago, before it got completely dry down here. i dont even know if it's had any perminant effects on me, because i've grown into this person much after my experiences with it. i remember it being fun as hell, i just wish i knew what was up with getting high, instead of just getting high. i know it would have been amazing, but i was too young. i definitely plan to again when i know i can be assured that it's clean and real. apparently a lot of dirty stuff has been going around. i also am waiting for a good time. i try to regulate my trips on how my spirit is feeling.
    goodness shrooms were everywhere at bonnaroo. i wish it was like that down here nowwadays. but regardless, they were beautiful. what wasn't beautiful was peeking out in the rain. it was raining BUCKETS... coldddddd buckets for mr. south florida. and ethan's shirtless, peeking senses were going crazy =(. it was the mega buzzkill =(. after following my friends back to the tent, we arrived to a campsite completely leveled to the ground. =(. buzzkill#2. me and 2 ladies trying to put up and dry a tent = buzzkill#3. but once that tent got up, it was alllllll good again. i hope you had tons of fun. it would have been fantastic to meet people there, but i got there a tiny bit late (having to walk a whollllle lot from where the shuttle dropped me off). i saw ol'hippie, but that's it. maybe next year.
    love

10. Peace_of_Pizza

Peace_of_Pizza Member

I dunno why it happens but after a long phase of a certain mind set like being really happy, i come to terms with the fact that im a living thing that is basically energy from the sun - trippy stuff, and it really hard to explain this but it is a great moment and i get a body high like a feeling of wen ur sick straight after u feel better and comfortable again. It's like someone presses a reset button and i see everything as if i was new born but only for a bit. Its moving in a way that almost shows me that we are alive for a purpose as if the universe itself uses us as its eyes for its own beuty - and this is befor ive tripped on anything :) so i hope wen i do trip ill look further into this.

Check out my theory on why we are here... Agonistic/atheist in the Philosophy/religion forum, (it is influenced by experiences like these)

11. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

....almost shows me that we are alive for a purpose as if the universe itself uses us as its eyes for its own beuty - and this is befor ive tripped on anything :) so i hope wen i do trip ill look further into this.

BINGO!!!! Keep diging mate, that is some really really valuable stuff you are about to dig up in yourself... trust me I did... and once I was able to transfer the concepts I had grasped to, "sober reality" then things start getting interesting... Like anything else tripping gets easier with practice and real emotional and mental effort.

-PsDX

12. prairiepixie

prairiepixie Member

~*just have to add my bit in here cuz this is fantastic! i shared a lot of time with many forms and facets of *drugs* but stopped partaking in them about five years ago. i agree with some of you that these psychadelics *open the door* to our perception. my last trip with a beautiful shroom cap sang that i didn't need them anymore ~ i've been able to function with all the perks of heightened awareness that i achieved while on drugs without them for years. i still think that i'm ready for a reminder trip though heehee! i believe it is possible and quite common for one to achieve awareness without the use of drugs at all ~ most of us i'd like to think are just fairly fourtunate in finding a short cut in them because of our lifestyle, location, societal structure, etc. when i was a little girl i would trip out all the time ~ i just didn't know how to identify it as a trip until after my first psychadelic! as it is now i am able to induce a trip of my choice when i desire ~ a tool i've learned to use wisely. maybe because the substance is already present in my body i am able to call on it at will? very useful though, i can find mushroom from ten miles away ~ or someone on them! anyhooo... these trips without drugs ~ they're just as valid. cheers to y'all for all that i've read! thanks*~

13. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In a way, yes. The summer/winter/fall when I was 15 and 16 I tripped quite a bit. Too much, honestly. I think it benefited me at first, and many trips later on as well. But I think I lost the reason I was tripping and I tripped just to trip. It got to the point I would freak out before I was even feeling the effects, I subconsciously knew I shouldn't be eating shrooms like candy I guess. Anyways, to make a long story short, for maybe 6 months after I stopped tripping certain rooms would "remind" me of the trip in such a way as I'd recall the feeling. Recalling sad events make you sad, happy events make you happy. Well mushroom trips, they're like recalling a memory but as another person. You not only feel the emotion, but the existence of that person. My bathroom in particular as I had a rather bad trip and locked myself in there. The blandness and monotony of the room along with the recollection of the trip combined to make it a rather different place to be. Almost to the point of causing panic attacks.

I still have effects, silences are not so silent anymore.

95% or more of the effects are gone now. I still know what it is like to trip and can feel it, but not as much anymore at all.

Now I wonder if I'll ever trip again. Not now, certainly. I don't need it. I needed the first trip, when I was 15. It changed my life, and then the following ones, they changed my life as well but not so positively. I understand tripping once or twice more after, for my life was so enriched by the experience of course I wanted to know "what else". But why would I have continued, after realizing maybe the enrichment of the first was going to the best, and at worse the new trips changing me for not so well.

We shall see how life goes I guess.

Anyways, that was a long post where I could just have said yes I've "tripped" without drugs before.

14. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

I'm definatly digging on what ur takling about... whenever I get board I try my best to re-induce the mental processes.

15. ozzy63347

ozzy63347 Member

yes read the celestine prophecy or the way of the peaceful warior they send you on a jurney

16. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

erased...don't want it google-able

17. Tristen

Tristen PushTheLilDaisies

Could be..

It happens to me quite a bit. I kind of feel a floating sensation, then "wake up" to where I was before the "trance". But, I am just going to stick with my first thought that I am just lightheaded and need to drink water..:H

No, but I do believe, no doubt, that enough psychedelics taken throughout time, will create these illusions from time to time. One thing that I always notice, is the trails never stopped since the tripping. Then again, I don't know if I used to see trails before I tripped..?? This is trippy ...

[​IMG] Celebrate it!

18. Mushroom Master

Mushroom Master Member

I think it is just flashbacks from shrooms but sometimes my heart starts beating really fast and everything starts stretching out and shifting and the floor starts to move like waves in water. it normally lasts about 10-30 seconds and then stops.

19. Third Eye

Third Eye Member

I definantly trip without taking drugs, I think its from all the psychedelics ive done...

Morning Glories
    AMT
    Shrooms
    DXM
    K
    Salvia

I can make the room move by the way I focus my eyes on one thing, I can also make my walls breath, I can also make these certain lights wave. I find it to be really cool.. It also happens when Im not trying. I was outside having a smoke one time and the ground looked as if it was falling.

20. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Member

same here...

it kinda scares me sometimes...but it's joyful...

what phychedelics do to you....it's amazing....