Human Evolution

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by StonerBill, Feb 23, 2005.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

People often are skeptical about how the human body changed so much from most animals, through evolution. It makes little sense that the benefits of hairless bodies over hairy bodies is so significant that it can cause evolution in teh sense that we know it.

I was thinkning, maybe most of what human intelligence, at least socially (not use of tools and such, this would have come later) developed during the man-ape stage, and once thi was established, people became more specifically picky as to which other people they are going to mate with, and that they consciously seeked the other humans with, say, shorter hair because they were hot and thought that shorter hair was better for their kids to have

and maybe long head hair (or beard inclusive for men) was desired for some reason, as if people with long hair had some sort of significance (spiritual? practical? mere courtship qualities?) or just longer hair hair came in so much so that

now humans have barely any body hair.. yet the longest growing hair of all animals. we are the only animal which has hair that just keeps growing longer and longer.

we did fairly rapidly evolve into the species we are over the last few million years

This sort of thing would have occurred in fact all the way until the ideas of being sensitive to people we find unnatractive came in, which is really very recent. but the standard of what is attractive has also risen.

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't know. I think we had to naturally evolve to adapt to our society. But i also beleive God made it that way and that we didn't come from monkeys. not to make this into a religious thing, but I believe that theres some higher power.

Just because I beleive God made us doesn't mean that i don't think we had to evolve in some ways to adapt.

But the whole thing is really shady. I can't say for sure.

4. Blunt Fool

Blunt Fool Banned

evolution is no real

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Oh i see, yer you were talking about it in another thread in the future forum i think

Well i think ill go look into that theory now. I love to think of other creatures in the universe

i think if humans did find another intelligent being, it would be for so much good to society. It would put humanity in its place and thus finally convince all humans to unite as one. If only.

though its pretty far fetched of course. I dont see much farfedchedness in evolution, i originally did, but then i got stoned and really understood the whole oncept of evolution and it was so clear that it all worked fine, when the perspective is correct.

obscureness to one man is beauty to another

6. Blunt Fool

Blunt Fool Banned

shutup fucking aussie

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

you blunt fool!

8. Blunt Fool

Blunt Fool Banned

shutup

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

suck my cock

oh wait you did

fay'geller

10. Blunt Fool

Blunt Fool Banned

yea that got me..

11. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Well supposedly on the hair issue we evolved from fish, originally which is which all the hair on out bodies flows to wards our feet as it was streamline....clever huh? This theory is backed up by out lungs being infront of our aesophagus....which comes from us being fish again with our swim bladders below our throat. All very interesting. Worth reading up on really. Please try and listen to peoples views rather than just insult "Blunt Fool" cos this is a forum of open opinions. Ok?

12. halloweenriot

halloweenriot Member

In Sunday School, we were taught that white people were created by god and placed in the Garden of Eden, and that black people evolved from monkeys and Asian people evolved from Panda bears and Mexicans evolved from burros. The Baptist minister taught us that theories of human evolution and Herbert Spencer's concept of Social Darwinism does NOT apply to white people.

13. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Hahaha nice one for that. Its why im not part of any organised religion. They all seem to discriminate and forget the whole issue of if God exists then everything was created by him so is equal! Silly Minister *slaps*

14. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Really... Are you joking.. Thats horrible... How old are you...

15. halloweenriot

halloweenriot Member

I'm old, and I'm just kidding; I've never even been in a Baptist Church.

16. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Hehehe but a cool post anyway. It got the point across very well.

17. makno

makno Senior Member

hair today , gone tomorrow.

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I read stuff on annanuki on that page

and a lot of it is pleasently convincing, i love explinations of bible stories hehe

but theres also quite a bit of evidence given thats just plain wrong, or badly thought out, or come due to an unintelligent conclusion.

Though it a nice idea to keep in mind

the first and foremost issue they concluded badly is about the planet of these peoples. If life evolved on a planet that was so distant from teh sun that it takes 3600 years to orbit, as well as being on a largely ellipticle orbit, then it would be so distanced from any sort of life on earth that survival would require a hell of a lot of technology. this technology would require a lot of energy as well, and so IF life managed to grow on a planet like that, then they would have had a big job making sure no physical evidence of their technology was left behind on earth. It would be like humans going and interfereing qith life on venus, though on an even arger scale!

19. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

the intelligence level of this thread reminds me of kindergarten.

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

agreed.

I didn't see one post remotely relevant to evolution.

I think I might have devolved after reading this thread. ;)