The Beginning

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by sassure, May 8, 2004.

1. sassure

sassure Member

Just when you get comfortable with what you have, it's suddenly gone.

Here at the Forums it's no different. Just as in life, you have to throw out the old, bring in the new.

I too am about to shed my old life, where I live, my career.....I'll cast off everything except the loved ones in my immediate family.

At some point in the next 90 days, we will relocate 1000 miles from where we live right now.....with a new place to live, new careers, new clothes, new cars. Totally different climate. Hell, I'll even change my beard a bit.....

No, it's not the Witness Protection Program...LOL. I have always taught that you must periodically reinvent yourself to keep from getting old. I just happen to practice what I preach......

2. osiris

osiris Senior Member

ah, but to reinvent oneself, need one do it from the outside? i am slain and reborn anew everyday, have been all my life. i carry what is useful and discard that which i need not. and yet, no matter how many ways we manipulate the many layers, shells, husks, skins that are about this spirit essence, no matter the multitudes to which we enflame our transformations, we are still this one eternal flowing energy. life beyond life, death beyond death.

hence why when my girl suggested we name our daughter Phoenix, i was met in my heart with immediate delight, that this love of my life could synchronistically capture in the anointing of our offspring this, the fundamental essence of all that "I" have ever been, or strive to be.

much love :)

3. sassure

sassure Member

True, one can reinvent oneself from within...and one will be able to get by quite nicely. My extreme gyrations are pretty much what I have been tasked to do, what I have done for the past thirty years....each individual has a different life plan, a different Destiny. Mine is -- well, unusual.

I do stand by my labeling Routine as a "death-in-life".....but one can break the back of Routine in much more subtle ways......

4. osiris

osiris Senior Member

right on.

much love :)

5. rainbow dew

rainbow dew Member

but can we really change that much about ourselves? are we not merely threads of change anyways? can we control it at all?

i don't believe we can, we can strive to cling to the outer or the innner it matters not which one we choose. this clinging harms us eventually as then a big change occurs and we get all upset and suffer because of it. once we accpet that we are the change in itself then we can get on with things without that suffering....

namaste
    x x x
    ps-did i mention i miss the old forums...;)

6. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

"He not busy being born is busy dying." (I got this from a Bob Dylan song, but I forgot who said it originally.)

7. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

congrats on the reinvention of you and good luck lovely

8. osiris

osiris Senior Member

ah, but dew, one must choose not to cling, which is a change of attitude. it all eats itself, like the famed mobius strip.

much love, sweet sister :)