macrame

Discussion in 'Fiber Arts' started by fizzy_elf, May 30, 2004.

1. fizzy_elf

fizzy_elf Member

hi everyone :)

so i'm gonna have a lot of spare time this summer and was thinking of how i could take up a new interest.

i'm thinking along the lines of macrame and hemp weaving and beading. any tips on how to get started?

thanks a bunch :)

xxx

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

... um, visit a craft store? there's supplies and often instruction books... if not, google instructions.

3. knitin.chick

knitin.chick Members

google for sure!

here's a good link to get you started:
    http://www.knotingwork.com/

this site is an excellent resource. you'll probaby want to bookmark it so that you can refer back

happy hemping!

4. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

they often have old how-to books at thrift stores about mac.... i know i saw 3 alone at the antiques/old stuff/thrift store place here in town just the other day.

5. G'day.

Thanks for that link, knitin chick! Very useful. I'm lookng into starting macrame myself. :)

Peace,

Bunbury.

6. gigiabalorios

gigiabalorios Guest

:daisy:Hola ,soy nueva y me encanta el macramé ,,,,tengo muchos cosas echas ,pero veo pulseras o collares que me encantan pero el problema es que no se los cm de hilos que se corta por cada uno y no los hago ,

como no se moverme por el foro me gustaría me dijesen donde puedo poner mis trabajos para que lo veais y si quereis hacerlo me lo pidáis ,muchas gracias y espero vuestra contestación ,

7. RebelJewel

RebelJewel Guest

The main thing you need first is the materials. Reading is one thing but if you want to practise, it is good to have these to hand.
    You have hemp cord, wax cotton cord, rat tail etc take your pick You will need T pins and a cushion depending on what you are making. Glue, of course. Might want to buy some charms and beads... maybe

Lots of handmade sites if you want to sell - MISI, Etsy, Folksy etc