Everyone has their own idea of how they should conduct their way of living, their way of thinking, their speech, mannerisms.
Everyone has their own opinion of how things are to be performed in their own existence.
Everyone has their own perceptions on the way they consciously perceive reality.
Everyone has created within their own minds perceptions of how reality "should" look, how it "should" sound, how it "should" taste, how it "should" feel, how it "should" smell, and how they "should" think.
Everyone has their own belief system, what dieties they wish to believe in, which non-dieties they wish to believe in, which object they wish to believe in, which non-object they wish to believe in, which belief works best for them, which one doesn't work for them, what they choose to believe or not believe in.
Everyone has it ... Their perceptions on reality.
That perception is their own perception, our own perception, your own perception. It's unique to every single sentient being, and just like snowflakes no two are alike. And so, we try to explain to people this is how we perceive reality. They then explain to us how they perceive reality, and we refute the way they perceive it by "telling" them "this" is how they should perceive it because I perceive it this way, or "that" is how you should perceive it because I perceive it that way.
So what happens? Bickering, arguing, impatience, anger, hatred. And over what?
We expect people to behave the way we do?!
We expect people to think the way we do?!
We expect people to perceive the way we do?!
We expect people to believe the way we do?!
Expectations lead to disapointments. Sustained disappointments lead to impatience. Sustained impatience leads to anger. Sustained anger leads to hatred. Sustained hatred leads to violence, disputes, killing, extinction...
How do you force your views, beliefs and opinions on someone?
- By "telling" them their views, beliefs and opinions are wrong and refuting with them the same, all based on your own personal views, beliefs and opinions.
- By belittling them for holding to their own views, beliefs and opinions.
- By becoming impatient with them because their views, beliefs and opinions differ from yours.
- By becoming angry with them because their views, beliefs and opinions differ from yours.
- By creating strife and discord because their views, beliefs and opinions differ from yours.
- By flaming them because their views, beliefs and opinions differ from yours.
- By insulting them because their views, beliefs and opinions differ from yours.
- By provoking hatred, animosity, indefference because their views, beliefs and opinions differ from yours.
- By speaking rabidly toward those whose views, beliefs and opinions differ from yours.
- By hijacking someone else's thread for your own personal agenda, or changing the topic of their discussion because it doesn't have the same views, beliefs and opinions as you have.
If you want to believe in God, and someone does not, then they have their own rights to their own views and perceptions on reality as you do. Just because their views and perceptions are not yours, does not make them any more wrong to them as yours are not to you.
Everyone has a right to their own perceptions. It's what makes reality real to them.
If you have something to share, share it. But if someone disagrees, then they have every right to disagree, long as they are not trying to force their views, beliefs and opinions over what they disagree on to you, or you on to them.
This is intolerance. Intolerance is lack of tolerance. Tolerance is the capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting others right to have different beliefs or practices.
Others views, beliefs and opinions are as important to them as yours are to you.
Please respect others right to have different views, beliefs and opinions as you would want them to respect your rights to have yours.
If all else fails, refer to guideline 4 and 6 of the forum guidelines.
In this forum, the guidelines are the bible.
You read them. You agreed to them. Else you would not be here. Agreeing to them just so you can gain entrance without respecting them, is not a defense for being banned.
There are two types of bans; suspensions which last anywhere from one day up to two years, and permanent bannings.
You agreed to be suspended or banned if:
- you are flaming or trolling someone with posts intended to insult and provoke.
- you speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject with some patently rediculous attitude.
- you repeatedly post with directed hostility at a particular person or group of people or for being hostile toward others for their beliefs (which also falls under the label of intolerance).
- you chronically troll, regularly post arguments, flames or personally attack some one for no other purpose than to annoy that person, or disrupt a discussion.
In case you need to re-read the forum guidelines, you can find them here: http://www.hipforums...mguidelines.htm ... or reposted below for your convenience.
Thank you, and enjoy ...
- Illegal Postings: Postings that are illegal, such as Child Pornography, drug dealing or other illegal activities, images or information are not allowed. You accept full responsibility for what you post as we cannot be held liable for the activities of others on our sites. We will cooperate with the authorities should they investigate your illegal activities on our sites. Remember, Big Brother is watching everything on the Internet!
- Duplicate/Repetitive Postings: Duplicate postings with identical or similar text are not allowed. Click only ONCE on the submit button, and your posting will appear. A new page will load showing your posting. This is your confirmation that it has been posted! Do not resubmit a posting that has been verified!!! Duplicate postings will be removed.
- Multiple Personalities: Although we allow you to register multiple personalities, you may not use more than one personality in a single thread.
- Flaming/Trolling/Stalking: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people on this site will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned. Please note: This does not rule out hate speech in general, just posts directed at our members. You are free to speak your mind on ANY subject not covered by these guidelines. Stalking another member for any purpose is not allowed. Stalking is defined as targeting another member and following them around the forums and confronting them in various ways (sexual advances, threatening, arguing, disrespecting, soliciting, etc.) in numerous threads or PMs.
- Obscene/Pornographic/Violent postings: Unless these contribute something useful to the discussions, they will be deleted.
- Off Topic Postings/Thread Titles: Often people post remarks that have nothing to do with the subject of the forum or thread. Occasionally threads are deliberately taken off topic to advance an opposing agenda or disrupt the discussion. These posts will be moved or deleted at the discretion of the moderator, and the user may be banned. We urge all members wishing to discuss a new topic to start a new thread in the appropriate forum. In addition we request that all threads in public forums have a title that accurately reflect the subject of the thread. Thus titles like "guess what?" or "hummmm..." are unacceptable and may be deleted at the moderator's discretion. If you want your thread to be viewed by the most people, you should always have the subject in the title.
- Spamming: Those who come here and post numerous links to other commercial websites, forums, chatrooms or communities, without actually contributing any content to this website will be banned without notice. It's fine to post an occasional interesting link to another website, in the context of a thread's subject, but to only do that or to do it repeatedly is not allowed. If you have your own website, you can put the URL in your profile and a link will be posted to your site in every post you make so there is no reason to add it to your posts, signature or PMs.
- Banning: People who violate these forum guidelines repeatedly are subject to banning. Once someone has been banned from the site, we don't not allow complaints about it. Once banned, we are done with that individual, and no amount of complaining from other members will help. We don't need to justify our bans. This only causes more work for the moderators. Which is usually the reason for the person being banned in the first place. So those who complain about a banishment, are subject to being banned themselves.
- Status: When you first signup to the HipForums you are our guest and as long as you respect our rules you will become a full member after your 100th post. Until then you have more restrictions than our members, in that some forums are only available to full members. Those who have chosen to join our community and support what we stand for will be granted full membership and privileges. Those who disrespect our rules will be banned at our discretion, regardless of their status on this site.
- Respect: The Hip Forums has an excellent staff of experienced, volunteer moderators who work very hard to keep the site free from spam and trolls. In order to do their job efficiently and effectively they require RESPECT from our members for the difficult and often thankless tasks they must perform daily. They've dedicated countless hours to keeping the forums running smoothly and an attractive place to hangout for so many people. So we won't tolerate ANY disrespect for our mods and admins, and those who do will be dealt with as trolls. If you have a problem with a mod, we suggest you first contact them thru PM and try to work out the issue. If you cannot, you can report the mod to an admin for further consideration of the problem. In no case will a public attack on our staff be tolerated.