Your own cult

Discussion in 'Cults' started by Amanda N, Jan 21, 2005.

1. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

i,m starting the MmM cult in the deep woods of appalian mountians. it stands for marijuna, meth, n moonshine. we will makes these in the woods live there n do nothing but get buzzed make more drugs n fuck until we have an hillbilly redneck army, big enough to take over the obama goverment, n then the whole world ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha

2. Dubbit!

Dubbit! Member

A music cult. We'd build temples that consist entirely of speakers :D. And then every gathering day we blast sub bass at people sending them into a trance or giving them epic eargasms.
    Oh yeah, and warfare would be waged with Dj's/Beatmakers etc... and a bass cannon so powerfull it could give everyone in the target zone an over-eargasm, killing them in bliss.

3. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i once had someone tell me that i'd probably end up leading a cult in south africa on a marijuana farm. lol. with people carring me around on a chair and chanting my name and getting really stoned. lol.

i might make a good cult leader, though my conscience would catch up with me eventually so i couldn't make it too diabolical.

LOL. this.

4. Desos

Desos Senior Member

yep basically. although peer pressure and brainwashing are sufficient enough, you don't need physical restraint if the cult leaders are devious enough. also in a cult where members become dependant on the cult for survival the most terrible types of control can be enacted. you wouldn't want to speak out against the cult for fear of a decreased social standing or even being kicked out and having nothing.

if they felt the need to be alone then you might ask them why they were dividing from their brothers and adress the issue. like, there is something wrong with them for wanting to be alone. there is something wrong with them for not doing what they are told. there is something wrong with them for not adhering to your beliefs. otherwise they are ostracised and possibly kicked out. or maybe even rather than ostracise them you could change their heart under a loving guise or a plethora of other tacics that you can use to appeal to someone's conscience and control them subtly while leading them to believe you care about them.

appealing to a person's conscience isn't always bad, but it seems that some people do use it for mind control.

5. Ely North

Ely North Member

My cult will worship the potato, in all of its wondrous forms. We'll play sports with baked potatoes and have the ladies participate in mashed potato wrestling (with gravy of course!) - while we're drinking vodka. Also, potato chips will be our currency.

We'll call ourselves "The Potatoes of Fate"

Bilby likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the nalanuthu of lananara, means literally the way or path in the mountains. it was started by a goddess/priestess of small creatures and less directly, of all life.
    it practices a kind of walking meditation, which is not itself the path. any path you walk on is.
    there are no sermons, and its temples are libraries surrounded by small anechoic study and meditation rooms.
    the seasons are honored, and on solstice and equanox days, people hike silently together along gently winding forest paths to the tops of mountains.

it is not only sapient lananrans who participate in this. for when they reach the top, they sit silently, and the creatures of the forest, come and sit peacefully beside them.

after a time, determined by the creatures and their spirits, this get up, vanish back into the forest, and return to their normal lives.

when these small ordinary creatures have done so, the nalanuthi take this as their signal to do likewise, the blessing of another season completed.

there is a small creature, about the size of a tree rat, that is called a lion-bear. they are only seen by those they wish to be seen by.
    they have a very powerful psionic defense. when threatened, any person the perceive as a threat, will see not the world around, but a totally convincing construct in their own mind, often composed of their own worst nightmares, should their intent happen to be hostile, which will lead them around and away from the 'timid' little lion bear.

lananara is a peaceful world, and one which has never been successfully invaded. only once was such an attempt made. those who survived making the attempt, did so as mindless vegetables, who needed to be hand fed in order to remain alive. most simply perished wandering disoriented and unable to remember to feed themselves nor seek shelter.

it is believed elxtia lived or lives as a physical person, and nearly everyone has witnessed her materialize out of thin air and join them for tea in their homes.

like your buddha on earth, she claims no godhood, yet many believe in some what she may have bio-engineered the lion-bears, while others find evidence of their having been present before sapience appeared on lananara.

the nalanuthu is the largest and most populus belief system on the planet. claiming little over 31 percent of the population.
    it is non-exclusive, and while the second largest group, at 24 percent, are agnostics, the remainder consist of hundreds of different beliefs, all coexisting peacefully.

it almost goes without saying, that 98 percent of the entire planets population, hold the environment itself, and all land, to be holy and sacred.

7. Lodog

Lodog ¿

The hair cult for men.

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

9. scratcho

10. scratcho

11. scratcho

12. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Leo's (astrological) cult
    Birthdate periods between July 23 and August 22
    20201220_161306.jpg
    The Leo Idol
    20201220_155727.jpg

As lions held in Zoos passed away, their deceased bodies would be purchased and cremated through the Leo cults' financial resources, then their remains would be scattered among The Leo idol with pride and honor.

Leo members would always be achieving the highest level of standards of the Leo birth sign.
    20201220_160947.jpg

Every member would have this branding tattoo under the right forearm

20201220_162227.jpg