Sure is funny.....

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by roly, May 25, 2004.

1. roly

roly Senior Member

it's funny how no matter what we believe/think /feel...whether we be atheist, buddhist, christian....whatever...we look for answers in terms of religion or afterlife...a purpose ...a meaning....and it's always aethiests that harp on about God not existing.... if u don't believe in him... don't talk about him.....why not ignore him altogether?

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

they mean as existence , god is ash .
    ash is a kind of non'existence
    unto a distant , unknowable later .

3. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

its the compassion of the atheists...they don't want people to waste their life in the meaningless pursuit of a being that doesn't exist...that's why i think we need to create a better God that does exist

4. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

I disagree, there are certain atheists that harp on about, but i'd wager that 99% dont give a shit and ignore it

5. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Really, I don't go prostheletising to the rest of the town. I's keep me personnal beleifs to myselfs. Nobody gives I's shit = I's don't gives no one shit. :)

6. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

I care when people want to impose Religious Truth like "God say do this, don't do that... Life is this, life is that" into the *real* world (everyday life, various issues, politics, etc). Or either i have too much time and waste it into the eternal religious mudd-slinging match.

7. veinglory

veinglory Member

Funny, I only end up talking about my atheism when somebody insists on asking me about it... and I certainly don't look to religion for my purpose in life, I look to other people and the world around me.

8. Defence_mechanism

Defence_mechanism Member

i only harp on about god not existing if someone says god does exist. coz there presents an argument in itself, just waiting for debate! everytime i see "god exists" all i hear is "prove me wrong! c'mon! do it! tell me god doesnt exist! i know im so much more right than you! you just have no idea what its like to love or be loved by god, thats why you are an atheist! one day you will believe!" and so all i wanna do is say "fuck, man wake up!"

9. ChiefCowpie

personally, i think its important for atheists to be evangelical and spread the good news to all the non-believers

10. roly

roly Senior Member

so basically aethiests and christians are the same? both wanting to spread the good news....?? am i right...or not?
    just trying to find some answers...trying not to offend anyone.....sry if i have...

11. ChiefCowpie

you are correct, atheists and christians are exactly the same...one doesn't believe in god and the other believes in an imaginary god

12. Spiritforces

Spiritforces Member

I agree ;)

Always thought that the fact we are is already the proof of God, considered as including the whole universe

And I know it took some time before we realized we are;) Who the hell thought it?

he he