Anyone else share wife with friend?

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by TBayJD, Oct 23, 2017.

1. TBayJD

TBayJD Members

So here's the situation. My wife and I have a good friend. The three of us hang out, have a very unique bond, and really mean the world to each other. He has a crush on my wife, but is never creepy or overt about it. He confides in me that he seriously fantasizes about her and tells me how lucky I am. He wouldn't do anything to make her uncomfortable or sketch her out. Our friendship is way more important to him. So my wife and I discussed it. He's turning 40 and getting marrried. We thought, and as a one time present, she would give him one shot to satisfy his curiosity and fulfill his fantasy. Like 15 minutes alone in bed. She and I have zero jealousy or possessiveness issues. I think it's probably the nicest present I could get him. It's not really in my wife's character to do this and if it were anyone else she'd decline, but he's special and we want to give him something special and unique from us. Curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation?

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

nope...no one else has done this or even thought about it

in fact there are zero threads about sharing a wife on this forum

you sir are the first and only

7 people like this.
  3. TBayJD

TBayJD Members

I'm sorry I'm new to the group and this situation has just presented itself. I guess I should have spent time researching past posts so I didn't waste your time. But thank you for your thoughtful reply.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

welcome to hipforums

2 people like this.
  5. TBayJD

TBayJD Members

Thank you for the links! I am researching now. Very helpful

6. TBayJD

TBayJD Members

From what I can see, there is a uniqueness to my post. This is not fulfilling a fantasy of mine or my wife's. It's a gift to a friend. I certainly don't want to annoy people by rehashing a topic that's been posted time and time again so I apologize again if it's coming across that way. I am so happy I found Hipforums. Seems like a really cool group!

7. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Lol are there like people out there who are just sitting around waiting to be asked to be a part of a threesome? These threads sound like everyone has that one "unique" friend who is waiting in the wings to be asked into a threesome. :D

8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

He's getting married? Does she know about this?

Your friend sounds like an asshole.

9. TBayJD

TBayJD Members

Hasn't actually proposed, but he's considering it. Actually he's as far from an asshole as one can get. Your Judgmental reply is noted. I asked to see if anyone else has been in this situation. I'll put you down for "no."

87Couple likes this.
  10. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

If no one gets hurt, there's nothing wrong with it if that is what you're into. If he needs to lie to someone to be able to sleep with your wife, that would be someone I wouldn't trust. That's all I'm saying.

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'll share something I'm not exactly proud of. When I was about 18 there was this girl I knew who had been married to a guy I knew. She liked me and wanted to hang out one time and was claiming that they had a divorce. Well it turns out there was paperwork drawn up or something but that the divorce hadn't quite gone through yet. She and I slept together on her understanding that the marriage was over. They already had kids and it was complicated, but anyway, that guy who I used to be somewhat cool with never spoke to me after that. I saw him one time at my friends studio where there was a band practicing... It looked like he wanted to kill me.

If you ask me you're asking for trouble and setting your wife up for something really uncomfortable. Anytime in the future both her and your friend are going to have a difficult time with it if they're in the same room together.

You asked for opinions... Mine is it's a bad idea. I don't care who said they could handle it. It's still a bad idea. :)

1 person likes this.
  12. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How come only 15 minutes? Why not at least an hour so he can bust a few times?

2 people like this.
  13. TBayJD

TBayJD Members

Thank you for the responses! It is always interesting to hear other people's points of view. It's certainly an "outside the norm" situation so I don't take negative or unfavorable type reactions personally. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I can certainly understand why you would feel the way you do. My wife and I (and our friend for that matter) don't really equate sex to emotions. In my opinion, things have whatever value you give them. If something is important to you, then it is important. If not, then not. Sex has no intrinsic value other than what you assign to it. Again, my world view. But I'm really enjoying hearing other's perspectives. I know for a fact that my wife and I wouldn't have any issues moving forward. Actually, I thought it was incredibly generous of her, considering it's not something she was looking for or particularly interested in. We haven't told the friend and would most likely surprise him with it some night as a gift of sorts. That is, after I was 100% confident he would be interested. While I've read many stories of wife sharing with a friend, I haven't yet come across a set of facts like these. And not that it is all that important, maybe there is some comfort in knowing others have survived this LOL. This is not exactly the type of thing I'm gonna talk to my friends about, so a forum like this is really helpful! Thank you again for your two cents.

14. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have you ever watched that movie "Indecent Proposal" with Demi Moore? That movie comes to mind when I think about what your planning to do. Different context, but the outcome may be similar.

15. TBayJD

TBayJD Members

was that the one where they were desperate for money so they gambled away a night with Demi Moore? Odd movie. Yah if this was something that made my wife squeamish or uncomfortable or negative in any way, obviously we wouldn't do it. We have a "never take one for the team" kind of policy. If one doesn't want it, we don't do it. We haven't done anything too crazy. We've made out and lightly messed around with another couple, and she let me hook up with another girl once, but this would certainly be a new level.

16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I am just imaging casually mentioning to Jane. "One of my friends is getting married, he really fancies you, so I have arranged a couple of hours for you to spend in bed". LMAO.
    I can just imagine her making up the settee for me to sleep on. Problem is that the settee would be at the end of the garden, probably in the middle of the pond and she would send my friend to join me. :p.

1 person likes this.
  17. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

Even when my wife had sex outside our marriage, she never considered involving a friend. That is a good way to ruin a friendship.

1 person likes this.
  18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Why not go the whole hog and let him spend the night with her. Meanwhile he could jump into bed with his friends fiancee. LMAO.

1 person likes this.
  19. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Lol yea...it sounds like in these threads that the wives are property of their husbands and if the husband wants to watch them have sex with other men, etc then the wives should be down for it or the husbands try to coax them into it. Oh well...carry on :D

2 people like this.
  20. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

WHat the hell is it these days with fantasies about wife sharing and cuckolding??

1 person likes this.
  21. Kerri

Kerri Members

There’s surely some varied and complex psychology behind it ranging from simple voyeurism to masochism to female power, even evolutionary forces like sperm competition. I suspect most reasons for most people are on the spectrum of normal psychology

2 people like this.