suspicious songs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 autophobe2e

autophobe2e

• PipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

Posted October 11 2017 - 10:35 AM

Songs that sound suspiciously similar to much more popular songs that were released shortly afterwards.

This band toured with Led Zep:

Ua2h5.jpg

#2 Mallyboppa

Mallyboppa

Nails Mc Fugger

• PipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • LocationRuncorn GB

Posted October 11 2017 - 10:38 AM

In your pomp and all your glory your a poorer man than me as you lick the boots of death born out of fear 

#3 Mallyboppa

Mallyboppa

Nails Mc Fugger

• PipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • LocationRuncorn GB

Posted October 11 2017 - 10:58 AM

Songs that sound suspiciously similar to much more popular songs that were released shortly afterwards.

This band toured with Led Zep:

Whole lot of love was released in 1969 ! ( just realized you seem to infer zeppelin copied them ) not the other way round ? willy_nilly.gif

In your pomp and all your glory your a poorer man than me as you lick the boots of death born out of fear 

#4 autophobe2e

autophobe2e

• PipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

Posted October 11 2017 - 01:03 PM

Whole lot of love was released in 1969 ! ( just realized you seem to infer zeppelin copied them ) not the other way round ? willy_nilly.gif

The Zep song that most people think is related to this is "The immigrant song" (compare the french horn to the ay-ah-ahhhhh vocals) on Led Zeppelin III. That album and Lucifer's friend's album were both recorded in 1970, Zep's in October and LF's in November. the two bands had previously toured together, though.

So it is plausible that one copied the other, but unproven. (One of them does have a well-documented history of plagiarism battles, of course)

Ua2h5.jpg

#5 Moonglow181

Moonglow181

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,188 posts

Posted October 11 2017 - 03:41 PM

I don't know...but it took me awhile to stop thinking that this song was not sung by Elvis whenever I heard it, and "SUSPICION" is in the words....

Click to shop at Zamnesia