What to eat/drink in the morning?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by r0llinstoned, Oct 11, 2017.

1. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

What is something yall eat or drink in the AM to get going? I usually don't eat anything until like noon but i'm getting sick of being a sloth for the first few hours of the day. Would a fruit smoothie or something help? It's too early for taco bell right now.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

A banana and coffee usually works for me. Or an avocado or yogurt with fruit in it. Just something light plus lots of caffeine

3. r0llinstoned

A banana and coffee would have me on the shitter faster then taco bell and coconut oil. When I used to juice vegetables that would give me a bit of energy. I guess i'll get some coffee from 7 11 or something.

1 person likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah i've heard from a lot of people that bananas cause stomach issues but they've never bothered me. Juicing would probably be good

5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

A protein/super food smoothie or hard boiled/scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast/oatmeal. Usually keeps me satisfied. :)

6. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I will DIE if I don't eat a big breakfast!
    and I drink coffee

7. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Lol
    Define "big breakfast" :)

8. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

generally bacon, eggs and hash browns or pancakes. Stuff like that.

1 person likes this.
  9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I just drink coffee. I usually don't have an appetite until late morning/noonish.

Om weekends I have a late breakfast of just eggs and toast.

10. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Sounds yum.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Starfish and coffee, maple syrup and jam, butterscotch cloud, Tangerine, and a side order of ham.

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Since learning from my dad that he is half middle eastern (his dad's bio parents were Iranian and Syrian) I've started exploring the typical breakfast of those areas, and heated up whole wheat pita bread and bought this fig jam from a middle eastern market. Spread a little on the pita bread with some feta cheese, and it's perfect. I usually eat that on the weekends now.

13. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

it happens every morning around 9-9:30 pst except Thursday when we go out for breakfast.

1 person likes this.
  14. r0llinstoned

I got a dr pepper from 7 11 since my stomach is still messed up from anti biotics I was taking last week

15. Noserider

My mom always tells me to eat yogurt after taking antibiotics. It puts the necessary bacteria back in your tummy

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

People go with juice, but it's awfully sugary. I drink water, and I usually eat some unsalted mixed nuts, a potato (medium sized) with barbecue sauce, and a granola bar for a treat. The most important part of that is probably hydration.

I've heard conflicting information about when to eat protein. Get enough protein in your diet is important so I get the big 6 pound bag of whey protein at Costco (which is a warehouse wholesaler? they discount when you buy in bulk is what I'm getting at). I make the shake happen AFTER I do cardio. So apparently that's supposed to be when it will be the most effective. But, since we're talking about mornings, you could probably do well with a protein shake before you start your day and not be doing any harm at all. It's probably still good for you. Some of them have sugar... this one by Muscle Milk does. It has 2g of sugar per serving. I think you can get it without it though. I wish mine didn't have sugar, but I just checked and it does.

17. r0llinstoned

I used to believe protein had to be taken at a certain time as well but it makes no difference what time you ingest it.

18. r0llinstoned

What about go-gurt? i dont even know if those are still around but i used to love em

19. Noserider

Yes they are still around (apparently you can get them at McDonalds) but they don't have probiotics. You'll need adult yogurt for that.

1 person likes this.
  20. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

A nothing burger