MGTOW

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Has anyone heard of this? It stands for Men Going Their Own Way. It's a movement that seems to have sprung up over the last couple years online. It is kind of like the counterpart or antithesis to the women's feminist movement. Let me say I do not subscribe to the MGTOW movement, or any movement. I find a lot of what they say to be reactionary and divisive, and I hate shit like that. Hiowever, I have heard many good points made as to why it's better for men to remain single as opposed to long-term relationships and marriage.

Frankly, I find myself much happier alone, as in being a single man, and NOT in a committed relationship. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that I no doubt fall on the autistic spectrum and likely have Aspergers Syndrome (though have never been diagnosed), but I often truly wondered how happy (or unhappy) married men are. I personally find long-term relationships to be emasculating and depressing.

Unless you are with someone you truly share commonalities with, it seems like you have to give up a lot of who your are to make somebody else happy, and I ask myself is it really worth it just for the sake of not being alone?

Thoughts?

2. broony

broony Banned

I have never subscribed to a movement.

Vacation cut off from women after being fucked over in relationships and focusing on yourself is mgtow.

Every guy has done mgtow in some way after either getting fucking mentally, financially, or both at once. Depends on how long you go.

Feminism plays a big role in it.

Married men always get fucked in divorce.

Men get tired of crazy emotions, its a listening job. Strait up exhausting.

So I just kinda want to go my own way now.

So I do tell someone shows up.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

And then the cycle starts all over again. lol

4. broony

broony Banned

Sometimes daily.

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Men have always done it their own way.. we have lived in a man's world since day dot! For those that don't like it changing, and can't seem to find a woman they can control...join a group and give up.. well, it's cooler than chucking your self on the floor, thumping and kicking shouting... I don't like it..

Be interesting to see if you can give up wanking too..

Get over your selves, women have been getting screwed over, and still are ..

:D

6. broony

broony Banned

Don't forget how child support is set up. Then you can never go your own way.

1 person likes this.
  7. broony

broony Banned

The government should have no say in marriage period.

5 people like this.
  8. Scratched

Scratched Members

Have GFs, but don't live together. Do your own life, not theirs.
    Our society glorifies feminism and cuts men down, unless they are perfect. This makes them good for one night!

1 person likes this.
  9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Happily married to a wonderful woman for 43 years.

1 person likes this.
  10. Scratched

Scratched Members

Is her name Hillary? [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Aspergers was removed from the APAs classifications 4 years ago, it doesnt officially exist anymore

Now thrown into the maybe-its-sort-of-autism-if-it-even exists category

Why? Because no one could find or correlate any evidence of either its existance or cause. The mind of the developing children in question dont pay as much attention to human body language as normal, instead energy is devoted into others things that may as an adult look cooky, but as a child made perfect sense - there is no disorder, just that they preferred colourful puzzles at 3 yrs old to, well, people....so what?

Pressed Rat, what you are really saying is that you think maybe you have some kind of disorder because most people are fucked and you prefer to be by yourself. Maybe you have a disorder, or maybe.......most people ARE fucked

3 people like this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Also

These MGTOW types, you have to watch out for them, guilt by association

Their arguments always come back to chics wont fuck them

Either that or every female that ever meets them instantly just thinks they are closeted gay, but not one soul ever tells them for like 40 years

1 person likes this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sounds like someone ran over their toe with a very small car.

why should anyone go any way that wasn't personally their own,
    and long as it's a considerate one?

and why in the hell should gender, physical or perceived, have a damd thing to do with it?

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't see why being single is now being made into some sort of political statement

If one wants to be alone, be alone and leave it at that. All this wasted energy spent hating the opposite sex isnt healthy

That's not directed at you PR, just generally speaking

3 people like this.
  15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

how about "humans going their own way" or even "physical life forms going their own way"?
    which is what cats (and many other natural wild feral creatures) do and why i love them.
    (and virtually none of them having this nonsense hang up about gender)

16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

What are the main tenants of the MGTOW movement? Is it just another sect of the MRA groups?

In what way are long-term relationships emasculating? I think I can infer, but I want to make sure we are on the same page.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Never heard of this movement, but I know in my country (and i think other nortwest european countries as well) both women and men in their 30s are and stay single longer than they used to. Its sooner explained as a luxury problem or a perfection issue (have to find the 'ideal' partner i deserve and less will not do) than a conscious movement or a (anti)feminist thing. Although indirectly emancipation probably has something to do with it of course

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I've heard of MGTOW, watched one video of a guy whom I don't know if he has any significant standing in the "movement", speaking about it. I think it is reactionary to modern day feminism but I didn't get the impression it was really much of a codified movement.

From what I gathered, the MGTOW basically seems like a loosely connected group of working class guys who feel like the system is unfairly stacked against them as males, and thus dropping out from those societal aspects which they feel disenfranchised from.

Only watching that one video, I think it goes without saying, I wasn't particularly captivated by the movement.

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Everybody's got to have their group these days.

2 people like this.
  20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It still "exists" it's just that all autism is classified the same. I know I probably will not convince you. The belief that the kid is just lazy or manipulating you is very common. But as someone who has been diagnosed by people who probably spent many more years at university then you studying it is very real. I know autism just makes people angry because people all conform to a social norm and if you don't well you must do it on purpose.

As for MGTOW I am aware of it and agree with some points. For example the unfair bias women have in child custody cases even when the mother is not stable. But I'm also in a happy relationship with a women who does not do many of things MGTOW men claim all women do. Sure she's still nuts all women are but you just have to find the right one who does not abuse you.

21. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Emasculated because I've been married for 27 years?
    Interesting, or maybe if you're not in a long term relationship you don't know how to be a man?