• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 goodearth

goodearth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted October 05 2017 - 08:29 PM

Maybe you can teach in a country where the native people go barefoot. That would be a real adventure.
  • GLENGLEN likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 barefootconservative

barefootconservative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 05 2017 - 10:08 PM

Maybe you can teach in a country where the native people go barefoot. That would be a real adventure.

yeah, but how many of those countries pay you to teach music? Besides, I kind of like dressing up in my slacks, dress shirt, and shined shoes. Bare feet are strictly a summer casual style for me. I've never been able to pull off the suit-with-bare feet look.

#13 goodearth

goodearth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted October 06 2017 - 06:37 PM

yeah, but how many of those countries pay you to teach music? Besides, I kind of like dressing up in my slacks, dress shirt, and shined shoes. Bare feet are strictly a summer casual style for me. I've never been able to pull off the suit-with-bare feet look.

LOL!!!!.......neither will I. I can't even pull off the suit with shoes look.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 barefootconservative

barefootconservative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 06 2017 - 09:03 PM

LOL!!!!.......neither will I. I can't even pull off the suit with shoes look.

to each his own, I guess.

#15 One Man Band

One Man Band

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted October 10 2017 - 06:00 PM

If you apply at a place that demands to see your online activity, keep looking. It will ultimately prove to be a job you will regret accepting.

#16 barefootconservative

barefootconservative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 10 2017 - 07:32 PM

If you apply at a place that demands to see your online activity, keep looking. It will ultimately prove to be a job you will regret accepting.

so, if the teaching job demands that, don't accept it.

#17 goodearth

goodearth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted October 11 2017 - 04:09 AM

Unfortunately, I believe the time is quickly approaching when none of us will want to be on social media.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 bft4evr

bft4evr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted October 11 2017 - 04:40 AM

Employers don't demand it - they will just look you up.  You've posted it - it's out there.

#19 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,217 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted October 11 2017 - 05:23 AM

Employers will routinely look at an applicant's social media presence (facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc.)  Keep that in mind when you make public posts.  If you are anonymously posting on hipforums you should be fine.

Basically, if you cannot search it with your personal details, it'd be tough to find this.

That said, a person I was interviewing asked about the site, because I'd posted some of my articles in 2008/2009, with my byline.
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#20 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,217 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted October 11 2017 - 05:24 AM

Musicology sort of pays to do a version of that. Songcatching.
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds