I Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootconservative, Oct 1, 2017.

1. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

I have come to the realization of something. I wonder if anything I have posted here, including barefoot photos (no nudity, though), or even simply being on this site may ruin my chances of landing my desired job. I want to be a music teacher, but as everyone knows, they do background checks on teacher applicants. Does anyone here think (or know) if anything I have posted on this site may ruin my chances of being a public school teacher? Like, does anyone know exactly what they look at in the background checks for teachers, and if involvement i have with this site, or the content of my posts, will be a disqualifier?

Now to make this actually able to fit under barefoot, I may also ask about teaching barefoot, or even encouraging students to be barefoot to increase concentration. But I really need the first question answered first.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Do not use your email address on this site or give personal info and you are good to go.

1 person likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

pretty sure the standard is just to do criminal background checks. of course, individual employers may look further than that, but i don't think any school administrator has the time or resources to look deep enough to find someone's hipforums posts.

not to mention, i don't think i've seen you post anything here that would affect employability anyway.

4. barefootconservative

Thanks to both of you for clearing that up. I didn't use my personal email address to sign up here, I used my alternate. I also think I only used my name (only my first) in a personal message here. Sounds like I'm fine, then.

5. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Employers will routinely look at an applicant's social media presence (facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc.) Keep that in mind when you make public posts. If you are anonymously posting on hipforums you should be fine.

1 person likes this.
  6. barefootconservative

thanks. Other than here, I never post anything even remotely questionable.

7. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I wouldn’t think they would find your forum name and attach it to you, first of all... unless you offered up all of your info that may pop up in a search engine... I would imagine a lot of people belong to forums of one kind or another...

Second, if you haven’t posted anything inappropriate I would imagine you are also ok

8. barefootconservative

that's good. I always thought teachers had a more thorough background check process.

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Just anonymous degenerates here.

But I would not bring up the bare foot thing to any school. They will not let you teach like that.

10. Jude96

Jude96 Members

It’s thorough, my sister is a teacher... but how would they ever find out your screen name on a forum like this? How could someone connect it to you personally? Not that you’ve done anything wrong but I doubt anyone would ever be able to type my name in a search and it lead this forum

11. goodearth

goodearth Member

Maybe you can teach in a country where the native people go barefoot. That would be a real adventure.

1 person likes this.
  12. barefootconservative

yeah, but how many of those countries pay you to teach music? Besides, I kind of like dressing up in my slacks, dress shirt, and shined shoes. Bare feet are strictly a summer casual style for me. I've never been able to pull off the suit-with-bare feet look.

13. goodearth

goodearth Member

LOL!!!!.......neither will I. I can't even pull off the suit with shoes look.

14. barefootconservative

to each his own, I guess.

15. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

If you apply at a place that demands to see your online activity, keep looking. It will ultimately prove to be a job you will regret accepting.

16. barefootconservative

so, if the teaching job demands that, don't accept it.

17. goodearth

goodearth Member

Unfortunately, I believe the time is quickly approaching when none of us will want to be on social media.

18. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Employers don't demand it - they will just look you up. You've posted it - it's out there.

19. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Basically, if you cannot search it with your personal details, it'd be tough to find this.

That said, a person I was interviewing asked about the site, because I'd posted some of my articles in 2008/2009, with my byline.

20. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Musicology sort of pays to do a version of that. Songcatching.