The Trouble With Camping.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Meagain, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I am off to the solstice @ das Externsteine soon and I for the over a week schedule I have a 8 person tend for two, a 5lt generator to charge my appliances, blow up queen sized air mattress and our own portaloo. My fire drum, grill and hot plates, Eski, too much alcohol.

I get the old timers rah rah over this but, my generation, we have stereos and music, we have tablets and phones to document stuff, cameras and so on. Need power. Got a generator.

And I can guarantee you, my set up will be basic to others and what they bring.

At the end of the day it's year 2017, not 1990. If you can make your time more easier, pleasurable and comfortable then you're going to do it, cause fellas, life's to short to camp like a Neanderthal if you don't have to.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

all the tech is fine, but someone else's noise chaising everything away, and keeping me awake or from thinking my own thoughts, is no fun, just same fucked up crap as in the city.

1 person likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Dirt bikes are the worst. I loathe anyone that brings a dirt bike. I like the concept and think they're fun but they have a very irritating noise especially 6am sleeping one off.

Rrrrreehhhhh rrreeeeeeh reeeehh RREEEEEBHHHH BBEEErrrrr berrrrrrrrrrr

I do get very conscious of my surroundings so my music won't be the loudest or anything just so I can see it and if I find some like minded folk, we'll they can listen too and can be louder lol.

The generator is about as loud as a idling lawnmower so not that bad. I'll just use that to blow my bed up and then to charge battery or stereo or phone every few days.

I thought 10 nights camping I don't want to be in a little igloo tent and sleeping on the ground. Just my back can't take that so I got a decent tent can fit 8 they say but no way it's a two girl tent really as in 2 people to live in it. My cooking is all wood and fire. :) I have a small gas top for quick boiling or if it's raining. I have led lantern rather than real ones though. Just don't like the idea of fires and tents.

4. egger

egger Member

Might as well set up a tent in one's living room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pfft. Wouldn't last in light breeze.

6. mindbender62

mindbender62 Member

Sadly , I haven't been camping this year... usually it's festival's with 4 stoners or even worse, 4 early doser's setting up the same tent... the "to many chiefs " story falls into place. ..it's The part nobody talks about after...lol

7. Camping for me is pitching the tent near water and enough firewood to make a fire. Cooking on the fire, washing the pots in the stream and pissing wherever - that is camping. It is a time to be alone with partner, family, friends, pets or whatever away from the hustle and bustle of normal daily life!

There are still some "sites" (I use the term very loosely) that only allow tents, no electric connections, hence no loud music, teles, etc. The only concession being a very primitive toilet block. I love opening the tent flap, putting on my wellies and duffle coat and making my way to the tap or stream to collect water for morning coffee!

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

camping for me is living here....:D

9. egger

egger Member

Not even indoor breeze.

[​IMG]