Black Lives Do Count

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 157313, Sep 24, 2017.

1. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

BLM is a racist hate movement. If these people weren't protesting in the streets because a violent criminal thug got killed trying to kill a cop... Trump probably wouldn't have gotten elected. BLM doesn't care about any lives. They care about playing the victim and blame games. Trump is a dangerous, loud mouthed, childish idiot. That doesn't change the facts that BLM is racist, and that black people are black people's biggest problem. How about priorities, how about cleaning up your neighborhoods, how about decent lives? DECENT LIVES MATTER. Decent people do not protest and riot when violent criminal thugs get themselves hurt. A decent black man would say good riddance to thugs like Michael Brown.

2 people like this.
  2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Whoops!

I just stepped in some racism!

3. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Kneeling for the Anthem seems harmless enough.

This President is over reacting once again.

4. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Just drink more, trust me on this.

5. GeorgeJetStoned

Seems like millions of fans are too. Seriously, there's only so much of this kind of "activism" people will tolerate. Football used to be the perfect "bread & Circus" appeasement for Americans who were set upon by the government and taxed to a fixed slot in the lower middle class. Now they've dragged the one thing into football that nobody wanted, politics. So now we can't escape the continuous drone of political ranting and whining unless we choose roller derby, curling or Lacrosse (oops, maybe not that one).

Imagine if ride operators at Disney decided to "take a knee" as children were disembarking from the Small World ride? What if fire departments did something similar?

Really though, you're right, it's not an overt act like looting a CVS or beating up an old lady for wearing a red MAGA hat. But really, who wants to see that shit at a game? Apparently it's not the majority of fans if you look at the seating pictures. Can you imagine political messaging on Vegas slot machines? Of course not. It's interesting though that NASCAR has drawn a line in the sand and let the employees know that as employees, they follow the rules or they hit the highway. That's true in any job. The 1st amendment doesn't apply to employers, at all.

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

if I drink any more, my liver is going to go on strike.

7. GeorgeJetStoned

There's a trick to it. It's called "eating"! Just think of it as prepping your body for when the shit hits the fan. Some people will last longer during food shortages than others!

I just realized I slipped way off topic. Sorry folks. We were.............. counting lives

8. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

The whole BLM movement is based on the lie that MichaelBrown had his hands up. In fact the entire premise of police shooting more blacks than whites is false on it's face.

3 people like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

False if you dont understand statistics

The rate proportionate to the population matters.

God, the acronym for that though. TRPTTLM

10. Maccabee

Why does the population matters? Does the cop cares?

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I cant answer that, it obviously depends on the cop but I will say I have witnessed blatant racism in the police force, the NYPD to be exact, first hand. And because I listen to black people when they tell their experiences instead of writing them off I know that most black people have some sort of story to share regarding witnessing or being victim to racism within the police force.

Statistics are important because they can pinpoint a problem. If blacks are targeted by the police at a higher rate than white people then attention should be paid to that.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

And just to clarify before someone calls me out on this

Yes we should be paying attention to police brutality as a whole, yes we should focus on the wrongful deaths of white people too.

But systemic racism within the police community is an issue that should also be confronted

1 person likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You should also flood your system with water in the morning before drinking. This helps your liver hehe, and veges too while drinking see its not just the booze, it's the food you eat with it that hurts too. Like you can have your half case of bourbon and cola, just don't got to MacDonalds at the end of the night Lol. That's what hurts you. Or these fascinating looking kebabs... They're always bad for you but seem good at the time.

Trust me go home and boil yourself some veges and it's not what you want I know but you feel so much better for it.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Whenever my girlfriends and I get together we always do a big spread of healthy snacks to combat the alcohol..veggie trays, guacamole, etc. It really does help!

1 person likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And also two pain killers and a bottle of powerade before bed do wonders too and if you can stomach it, aspirin.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

In saying all that it's not uncommon to see me go the quarter pounder meal and 6 macnuggets on the way home. >.<

A MacDonalds opened 15mins walk from home.. I'm just supporting local businesses. :d

17. Maccabee

If statistics are important, then I guess you might consider the fact that blacks commit half the murder rate (if not half of all violent crime) while only being %13 of the population to be a contributing factor. Also, exactly what did you saw that was blatantly racist by the NYPD?

1 person likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yes there is a correlation between high crime rates and high poverty rates. People arent more likely to commit a crime because their skin tone is dark if thats what you're insinuating. There are socioeconomic factors at play.

Anyways I struck up a conversation with a couple of guys in a bar in New York who turned out to be off duty cops. I'm not even sure what prompted them to say these things to me, I must have asked them about their work, but they said some stuff about how Brooklyn is full of black people who are all monkeys and Brooklyn should be fenced in like a zoo to keep the monkeys inside

And then something came up about how Hitler had the right idea and blacks should just be exterminated.

Anyways I know this is just anecdotal evidence but you did ask. I think the most shocking thing about it is they felt so comfortable expressing their fucked up views with a complete stranger.

And the thing is there is a TON of anecdotal evidence out there if you're willing to actually listen and empathize. Anecdotal evidence that supports what stats already tell us, that black people are victims of police brutality at a higher rate than white people

1 person likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Not a justification but police officers see a lot of stuff we don't. We see and opinionate from a distance whereas a police officer actually has to view the womanizers, the violence, the drugs, the poverty, the reckless children that have no supervision and of course the utterack of respect for rules, regulations and authority.

To actually have to deal with that kind of hard headedness, I'm sure it would turn me away from caring too. I don't blame the officers, it must be emotionally taxing to deal with such mistreatment on a daily basis.

Then they get spät on for doing their jobs and then at the end of the day when you just want to go home so black fella comes up with an attitude and doesn't let you finish your job or go home.. Cop loses patience and slams them into the ground "oh police brutality". Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. But I'm taking the cops side all the time, every day of the week. The police cannot police anything and the justifications aren't right.

Sooner or later people going to have to realise there's rules where they live governed rules and you can't go hiding behind "black lives matter" doctrines, commit crimes and expect to get away with it.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

crickets when my brother was killed by the police and they covered it up so nicely... [​IMG]